• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show me your deer rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built this .58cal. several yrs. ago to take care of all my big game hunting. It's the only rifle I kept.

Shawneejpg1.jpg

lightweight58hv0l.jpg

P6230011.jpg

The rifle I use the most is the first one I ever built or finished I should say from a kit from Jim Chambers. I made lots of mistakes on this rifle but they are all cosmetic cause it shoots really good. Its a .54 Rice barrel Isaac Haines that I call lil sweetheart cause she shoots so sweet.
007.jpg

8ptwithlilSweetheart002.jpg

.45 TVM flint late Lancaster, 36" barrel 6 pounds and change. Nary a pic of the many deer I killed with it but I'll not forget my camera again.
PICT0389-4.jpg

So far I've used a .440" ball, .020" ticking lubed with Bore Butter (first load) over 80 grains Goex 3F. Don't have any pics of the deer it has taken but I'll be ready next time.

This nice .50 took deer but has since found a new home.
PICT0460.jpg

This old rifle [strike]is[/strike] was a fine deer rifle at one time but is now retired and worn out, just like me.
PICT0387-1.jpg

The muzzle - only pic I have of it - of a Traditions DeerHunter .50 which I've had for over 20 years. It's taken too many to remember.
PICT0466.jpg

My .54 Mississippi rifle which has been good deer medicine.
PICT0370-1.jpg

A Pedersoli (gone, now) that took more than it's share.
PICT0418.jpg

This particular deer wasn't taken with the rifle but was condemned to carry it.
PICT0392-1.jpg

Here's one of my deer rifles, a .62cal Jaeger. This picture was taken just last week during the early antlerless season. The load was 110gr 2FF, prb at 85yds.

Sept_doe.JPG

Nice job :grin: I can't wait to get my .45 TC Hawken out there deer hunting this year. At this point I think I'll be using it for opening day in November but I might chicken out and use the .50 TC Renegade instead. But I'll have to "settle" for bowhunting until gun season. I wouldn't use the word "settle" though because I enjoy bow season just about as much as I do with a muzzleloader.

NJ that pic was ablast from the past! You are a couple years older than me but I remember those days! Blue jeans and flannel and sometimes overalls! Sometimes I roll out with my jeans and a cammo jacket and my friends say "Get dressed it's time to go hunt". I reply, " Im Ready!" I get a blank stare! LOL! Great-awesome deer! Thanks for the memories! After all I think that's what it's all about.

It's great to see some of you fellas getting out (with success) all ready .I still have another 21/2 wks to wait . :( This yr is gonna be different than past yrs . It's gonna be prb only . Not just for bp season but for the whole season . I'm actually pretty excited about it .

Here's my deer rifle and the deer I shot last weekend...
009.jpg

42" .50cal Getz barrel, Chamber lock, Davis trigers. Built by Dave Dolliver. Shooting bag by Jeff Bibbs.

Chris

Back