• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting sticks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use shooting sticks similar to those posted by @Idaho Ron

Simple to make, field tested and effective.
The shooting sticks that I make are different than most. I make them out of dowel. I drill the ends and use arrow inserts and rubber arrow tips or the steel field points depending on how I amusing them. I added some Mole skin to keep them quiet

Pfs5L6g.jpg

nnUQldW.jpg

Then I drill the top of the sticks. I add sling swivels and a leather strap the swivels are epoxied in. I gave it some mole skin again to keep them quiet and for better grip.

9xBnXSE.jpg

QVWDVz4.jpg

9vTjRjS.jpg

The rifle rests on the leather. I don't like the rifle sitting on a hard spot to shoot from. I feel that the leather allows the rifle to recoil without outside input from the rest. Every shot is the same. I tested this with my air rifle. It is hold sensitive and the leather allows it to do its thing the same way every time.

When they are deployed I can adjust the height by leaning them back. I have three different sizes to choose from. Short for bench rest, medium for sitting on the ground, and tall for sitting in a blind or on my knees.

pz7qU35.jpg

MEOXp00.jpg

1sPaNt6.jpg

Here is a video I made on them.

I just found two 3/4 square and 5 foot long sticks in the garden department. I planed the corners down and pointed one end and put on a bit of oil for good measure and use them without any connections besides my hand. Simple and works great for sighting in or test shots at my monthly shoot.
KISS

Back