• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Precusion Caps Making A Comeback.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in south eastern Pa. 10 min north of Valley Forge and trying to find precusion caps for the last 2 years has been terrible. So when I had a chance to buy 2600 hundred caps that’s 26 cans or tins however you want to look at it for all you math wizards I jumped on it . It took a little while to build up the stock pile but it’s done, the price per 100 are not the normal five bucks like they used to be there now like 8.99 a tin. And I also stocked up on some bottles of Black Powder I got tired of running low on that also. The drive for the powder is an hour from me and also so are the caps.HazeMat no way I refuse to pay 37.50 just for that it’s cheaper to drive. All in all I just get tired of running out of the essentials.
I'll no doubt unknowingly pass by you in the aisles at the gun show this Friday! (Oaks). Good luck!

That’s the way to do it, when things are there and yes there rare you buy buy buy, for what ever you can afford at the time. Because you will kick yourself when you need it.

They may be making a comeback but they are still a fad, flint is here to stay. ;)

I spoke with a friend 2 days ago who is a GOEX distributor and major supplier of caps to the N-SSA membership. I asked about RWS caps and he replied he had placed a large order last October and was to have gotten them by January but he's still waiting. He has plenty of Schutzen caps.

https://blackpowderva.com/
I had searched all over Kentucky, no luck. A friend said try Back Creek in Winchester VA and she had plenty. A valuable source and very nice lady.

It looks like #10 and #11 Precusion Caps are starting to trickle in here and there, Cabelas and Bass Pro have them and a few little mom and pop shops around me have them. How about in any one else’s neck of the woods.
[/
I live in south eastern Pa. 10 min north of Valley Forge and trying to find precusion caps for the last 2 years has been terrible. So when I had a chance to buy 2600 hundred caps that’s 26 cans or tins however you want to look at it for all you math wizards I jumped on it . It took a little while to build up the stock pile but it’s done, the price per 100 are not the normal five bucks like they used to be there now like 8.99 a tin. And I also stocked up on some bottles of Black Powder I got tired of running low on that also. The drive for the powder is an hour from me and also so are the caps.HazeMat no way I refuse to pay 37.50 just for that it’s cheaper to drive. All in all I just get tired of running out of the essentials.

?

Springfield Art your going to the gun show to, all right. Just think if we said to a lot of the guys on this forum the show is right off 422 they would have no idea what we were talking about, Ha Ha..

It looks like #10 and #11 Precusion Caps are starting to trickle in here and there, Cabelas and Bass Pro have them and a few little mom and pop shops around me have them. How about in any one else’s neck of the woods.
It looks like a Company called Muzzleloaders Dot Com has some RWS #11's (#1075) in stock; $24 for 250. No limit on how many you can buy.

That’s not to bad because Cabela’s wanted 12.98 a hundred 1 tin. I just checked there site and it looks like nothing is in stock or even ship to store to beat the hazmat fee. My pistol powder flask is from Muzzleloaders Dot com and it’s not to bad.

What were they asking for a tin of them if you don’t mind me asking.

That’s not to bad because Cabela’s wanted 12.98 a hundred 1 tin. I just checked there site and it looks like nothing is in stock or even ship to store to beat the hazmat fee. My pistol powder flask is from Muzzleloaders Dot com and it’s not to bad.
Their Web page must be outdated. It said in stock! Muzzleloading used to be a relatively inexpensive sport! But, given average wages today V/S what it was back in the 70's/80's...? Maybe it still is?

Latest posts

Back