• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Precusion Caps Making A Comeback.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried Dixons Muzzleloading in Kenpton? It's probably an hour ride north of you, and even during the worst of the shortages Greg always had some caps

It has been years since I heard the name of that store wow, and yes you are right dam thieves that’s high.

I was just up there at Dixon’s talking with Greg and his wife, they did not have any caps and his wife was saying that Remington may not be making them for another two years but take that for what it’s worth because I found them at Cabelas a week and a half ago in the hamburge pa. Store. But I don’t know if it was old stock from Remington or not.who knows in these crazy times that’s why I say if you see what you need buy some not all save a little for the other guy but get what you need.

They are being produced and distributed, prices should be normal by now. I bought 5,000 CCI #11s from Bosley's Guns & Ammo in Ft Ashby, WV for $5.99 per tin which is less than what they go for at big box stores. That was 10 days ago. I did also ordered 500 RWS 1075 and 500 RWS 1075PLUS along 36 pounds of different black powders from Grafs and they had everything in stock, from Grafs 1F to Swiss Null-B. Prices for caps were around $8 a tin ($20 per 250).Powder prices were between $17 and $29 per pound depending on brand. They said they were way behind on shipping but i got my stuff in five days or so. Don't think i am hoarding, i normally will shoot about 500 RB's a month plus REAL's, Maxis, minies and who knows how many pounds of shot out of ML shoguns! Is nice to have only ONE vice!

I got 500 in boxes of 100 in a little known shop down where my brother lives, but I paid through the nose for them. I have a standing backorder for a couple of thousand online they are supposed to notify me when percussion caps go off the endangered species list. These will last till then. If this is not the most ridiculous state of affairs--no black powder in the stores, no caps, soon to be no lead shot. Somebody saw us smiling and enjoying ourselves and went to work on it.

Back