• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Precusion Caps Making A Comeback.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like #10 and #11 Precusion Caps are starting to trickle in here and there, Cabelas and Bass Pro have them and a few little mom and pop shops around me have them. How about in any one else’s neck of the woods.

where is your AOR?

They never went anywhere here in Europe (Poland). There were some shortages last year, but this year I haven't noticed a shortage of caps.

Black powder however is a different story. We had a shortage of the Czech powder. Now the shortage is over, but the price is 30%~50% more :-(

They may be making a comeback but they are still a fad, flint is here to stay. ;)

I spoke with a friend 2 days ago who is a GOEX distributor and major supplier of caps to the N-SSA membership. I asked about RWS caps and he replied he had placed a large order last October and was to have gotten them by January but he's still waiting. He has plenty of Schutzen caps.

https://blackpowderva.com/

I live in south eastern Pa. 10 min north of Valley Forge and trying to find precusion caps for the last 2 years has been terrible. So when I had a chance to buy 2600 hundred caps that’s 26 cans or tins however you want to look at it for all you math wizards I jumped on it . It took a little while to build up the stock pile but it’s done, the price per 100 are not the normal five bucks like they used to be there now like 8.99 a tin. And I also stocked up on some bottles of Black Powder I got tired of running low on that also. The drive for the powder is an hour from me and also so are the caps.HazeMat no way I refuse to pay 37.50 just for that it’s cheaper to drive. All in all I just get tired of running out of the essentials.

Right on, it seems like finding a source for the items you need for hunting or for general fun at the range just gets harder and harder and that’s the way there trying to make it who ever they are if you know what I mean. That’s why I learned a long time ago when it’s there buy it now because when you say i will order it latter or I will come back for it what ever the items were there out of stock or it’s been all bought up. Life can be fun or some times it can really bite.

The Lawton Academy store had no #11 caps on Saturday: They did have Triple Seven 209 primers. Except for several inline rifles, the Lawton Wal Mart store had no muzzle loading stuff.

The Walmart’s near me don’t have much either when it pertains to muzzleloader . I guess it’s not a high priority to them. But do you remember when Walmart first started out they had tunes of stuff of all kinds.

Back