• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli recommends TSS without shot cup?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

i saw this video of a guy loading his pedersoli sxs with tss using cards and fiber only. He claims it's a recipe Pedersoli recommends. Has anyone else tried it? Is there any weight to his claim? I would like to try some... I don't get good results typically using plastic shot cups so I would like to load my traditional way.

I think I saw that video a while ago. Didn't care for it.

I don't know for sure... I'd use a tss shot cup because of that video

From what I've seen people here have done better with lead loads...

The stuff cost allot

No choke?..... it's a small shot they choke it tight...

I was interested in trying anything to everything until I got a choked tube gun anyway lol..

Absolutely stupid idea. Do not shoot TSS without a protective shot cup. It is 95% tungsten. I shoot it but with the appropriate shot cups.
TM is soft like lead. Shot a lot of it back in the early 2000's.
TSS is 95% or more pure Tungsten. I have shot it off and on since 2010. 7's will kill ducks to 70 yards and large geese to 50 yards.

Last edited:
Didn't know there was TM.. that looks fine advertised as soft as lead.

I load tungsten matrix in my P 10g.
What's the problem?
Drops geese superb.
But, but, but,,,,,,

Screenshot_20240320_094229.jpg

This guy says, "do not," and that it's a, "stupid idea." And he speaks so factually,,,, shouldn't we listen to him instead of the manufacturer?

Does the manufacturer say that though? I haven't heard them suggest much.

No warrenty... but I guess if you can afford the stuff then you can afford it

A
Does the manufacturer say that though? I haven't heard them suggest much.

No warrenty... but I guess if you can afford the stuff then you can afford it
Actually there is a 2 year warranty, but I am
Past that. I got that choked new englander like you and now I'm looking for the right choked pedersoli. Some of them look like manure and some are beautiful. I prefer the traditional english looking stock. Everyone said chokes were hard to load through, but that hasn't been my experience at all.

That's because they insist on using store bought reloading products.
I bought some cork wads... saw it in a pedersoli commercial video, I haven't used them yet but I did try and load them through just the choke and they work great. They compress easily to pass through the choke then expand to seal the bore afterwards.

Lol.. I read the same about choke tubes... loading and all

Loading easy.. cleaning easy

I dunno about carb cleaner either for nipples but.. read allot good about it tried it... took 3 4 caps or so to get the first shot to go and then going but.. happnd twice in a row... went back to windex no issues.

Lol this is headache more now...

I Like the shot count is high and these things are not rated for allot 1.38 Oz 12 ga Max load isn't a 2.5 Oz turkey mag. Nice to have a load.

I got a good pattern for 30... at that range with lead choked is good. So I don't want tight er more you miss close... im on public wood s so.

Modified.... I used modified 23/4 for a few when I started... browning A5. The Remington 1100 with a 30 inch full choke barrel is real nice... 2 3/4 lead loads.

And then I went benelli on those birds.. I needed it... lol... it's allot of gun power without tss

I bought some cork wads... saw it in a pedersoli commercial video, I haven't used them yet but I did try and load them through just the choke and they work great. They compress easily to pass through the choke then expand to seal the bore afterwards.
Yes. Some store bought are very stiff and long wads.

From what I've seen people here have done better with lead loads...

The stuff cost allot

No choke?..... it's a small shot they choke it tight...

I was interested in trying anything to everything until I got a choked tube gun anyway lol..
Send the barrels off to get them jug choked.

Got my turkey choke...gonna see if it's any better than what the gun came with this weekend. The ramrod don't look half bad now. Perhaps it was a special order with plans of using extend choke tube's.

Attachments

• 20240320_184235.jpg
    20240320_184235.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Got my turkey choke...gonna see if it's any better than what the gun came with this weekend. The ramrod don't look half bad now. Perhaps it was a special order with plans of using extend choke tube's.

Nice.

I don't know what your cut down range is or how hard a head hit desired...

I went .675.... there isn't enough info on these chokes in muzzloader with lead etc.... without buying every choke..

I usually don't post on forums.. I read.. I kinda joined in on that, figured any info on the topic of choke and muzzloader s could help somone...

Food for thought.... manufacturers are in the business of selling new stuff, not necessarily keeping the stuff you bought lasting longer.
Maybe so, but they also aren't in the business of having there products trashed by misuse. They aren't going to say something is okay to use if it will wreck the gun,,, that would be a quick way to get a bad reputation and to have to replace a lot of barrels through warranty.

Latest posts

Back