• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli recommends TSS without shot cup?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice.

I don't know what your cut down range is or how hard a head hit desired...

I went .675.... there isn't enough info on these chokes in muzzloader with lead etc.... without buying every choke..

I usually don't post on forums.. I read.. I kinda joined in on that, figured any info on the topic of choke and muzzloader s could help somone...
The choke I bought is .680... haven't shot it yet, hopefully this weekend weather permitting.

This is what I got with #6 lead at 25 with tje standard full thomson center choke. Not that I'm not happy with that, because I am....but patterning is so fun. I love seeing what me and the gun can do.

Attachments

• 20240317_173812.jpg
    20240317_173812.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Most of the pedersoli screw in choke guns have a different stock...not sure if all of them but I believe it's all I've seen. They have that extra hump on the grip behind the trigger like a newer gun. Maybe it's like that for a reason that im un aware of but I'm partial to the other one...maybe it will grow on me... depends on how nice it is when I find one and am ready to spend the money

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240321_211232_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321_211232_Chrome.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Most of the pedersoli screw in choke guns have a different stock...not sure if all of them but I believe it's all I've seen. They have that extra hump on the grip behind the trigger like a newer gun. Maybe it's like that for a reason that im un aware of but I'm partial to the other one...maybe it will grow on me... depends on how nice it is when I find one and am ready to spend the money
The " hump" is called a semi pistol grip.
Here is Pedersoli sxs shotgun current product range.
https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/en/products/muzzle-loading-side-side-shotguns

At 25 yards that will definitely kill a turkey. Instead of going the TSS route you can also purchase Nickel plated lead 6's which may improve the pattern even more. I took a lot of waterfowl with those. Also please be careful of Pedersoli's translation as they are sometimes not accurate. It is not intentional but just simple human error when translating Italian to American English. Hope you get your turkey. North AL Turkey season kicks off soon. Good shooting to you.

I saw one 10ga dp with turkey foot prints on one side that looked cool. Pricey though.

kinda Hit my limit on guns. use what i have. still look around everyday though mostly at Shotguns. always favored the Shotgun. I think more because of the dog and all though.

My current dog i gun trained worked up the load shooting blanks at Quals with the pedersoli.

Found topics on a search.. more people have cracked teeth on the stuff lol that's kinda bad!

I heard a kid last year cracked a tooth on tss from turkey.

I don't think it's worth it.

I had to ask.

They didn't think they would recommend it without the cup.

the TC book did recommendđź‘Ś regular steel without cup.. not a chrome line barrel either..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240423_084554_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20240423_084554_Messenger.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240404_150404_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240404_150404_Chrome.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back