• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler order

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all the input here, I finally found the nerve to call in an order. I'm choosing Kibler to the exclusion of all other rifles, finished or kits. Jim's videos gave me the confidence I needed. So, I called. It was sort of a relief that they were closed today. I'm really scared of spending all that money on just me, because I'm certainly not anywhere close to wealthy.
One question I had for Jim maybe someone here can answer. The Colonial has the barrel length I want, but I'm wondering if caliber bears on the "across the flats" measurement. I mean would a .45 barrel have the same outside measurements as a .54? I'm all about long and skinny for the gun's overall appearance. I'd shun a 54 if it called for a fatter stock.
Anyway, the decision is made with by wife-of-53-year's blessing. Again, my thanks to all of you for all the help.
I here ya Mike, I always feel guilty as all get out when I spend money on myself and I am not saying I deserve anything in life but dam it I have been a good provider on all fronts and every time I save the money up for something life steps in and wants it, ya know what I mean.

I here ya Mike, I always feel guilty as all get out when I spend money on myself and I am not saying I deserve anything in life but dam it I have been a good provider on all fronts and every time I save the money up for something life steps in and wants it, ya know what I mean.
Yes sir, I know. It has been 10 days since I placed the order and each day the guilt is lessened by the excitement of the day it arrives. It is a fact that a quality m/l is simply more expensive than a factory finished smokeless gun. I've come to realize we can't have that one special forever rifle if we don't conclude within our self we must just go for it or do without it. The older I get the less I want even those high end smokeless guns I own, much less those I used to think I needed that I never acquired. Another point is that time shows us (or at least me) that possessions are temporary at best, even that dream longrifle. I have more modern guns than I should and I know as a certainty I will never again take one hunting. I may very well sell them all except those I might need to survive in our falling society. So the Kibler is important to me and my family understands that. If my son tells me he has no interest in my small collection of those modern guns, I will send them on their way to those like I once was.

Mike in FL, a friend chastised me once for not buying something because it was expensive. He asked me "How old are you? (79)" "Just buy it for Pete's sake". Good advice. You don't get any mulligans in life anyway.

Mike in FL, a friend chastised me once for not buying something because it was expensive. He asked me "How old are you? (79)" "Just buy it for Pete's sake". Good advice. You don't get any mulligans in life anyway.
Thats why I ordered my woodsrunner on 7/25, just sitting here waiting for the email letting me know it's on the way, heck I even did an archeological dig and found the top of bench and put everything away where it belongs for the build!

It’s amazing what kind of ambition you get when ya get excited about a project LOL, I am the same way… I ordered the SMR on 7/31 so I guess I got a lot of hurry up and wait time.

Thank you TDM, I am looking forward to the build never ever built one that was all CNC before it may spoil me. Ha Ha.. I wonder what Jim sells more of the Woods Runner or the Colonial this may be my next build after the SMR and I am just wanting to get a feel of what the masses like better, I know it’s just personal preference but it couldn’t hurt to ask.

Thank you TDM, I am looking forward to the build never ever built one that was all CNC before it may spoil me. Ha Ha.. I wonder what Jim sells more of the Woods Runner or the Colonial this may be my next build after the SMR and I am just wanting to get a feel of what the masses like better, I know it’s just personal preference but it couldn’t hurt to ask.
I don’t know what the are either, but I sure love my .45 SMR. I’m working on 2 Woodsrunners now, there is zero need for any blade to touch them, the fit really is that good. Just light sanding and it’s done. All the time goes into metal clean up and polish, draw filing the barrel, and wood finish. Never built the Colonial, but the SMR will or may require a few chisel cuts and more sanding but not much more work. I plan one or two more SMRs in the future for the grandkids.

@Beaverman2 and @Tenring, congratulations to each of you! Both are mighty fine rifles. It’s been my experience that the wait times vary quite a bit depending on which type of wood they’re running through the machines at that time. Could only take a week or a couple of months, but worth the wait.
I ordered the WR in Cherry, 1 of my friends just got his today and he ordered 4 days before me, another guy got the same took 10 days to ship so I'm hoping they still have some cherry running at the moment, I'm an old Marine so hurry up and wait has been ingrained in me!

I ordered the WR in Cherry, 1 of my friends just got his today and he ordered 4 days before me, another guy got the same took 10 days to ship so I'm hoping they still have some cherry running at the moment, I'm an old Marine so hurry up and wait has been ingrained in me!
I’m working on the stock finish of a Cherry Woodsrunner too! I ordered it right before they put the sale on unfortunately, but I received it in less than 3 weeks. I waited almost 6 months for mine in Maple, but that was still fairly early in the production run. I’m trying to get the courage to do some simple carvings on the Maple, it’s ready to go besides that.

I’m working on the stock finish of a Cherry Woodsrunner too! I ordered it right before they put the sale on unfortunately, but I received it in less than 3 weeks. I waited almost 6 months for mine in Maple, but that was still fairly early in the production run. I’m trying to get the courage to do some simple carvings on the Maple, it’s ready to go besides that.
I have a couple nice Maple and Walnut rifles so i figured a cherry was do, Jim is the only one that I know of offering a kit in Cherry at the moment and with the 10 percent sale it was time to pull the trigger on it!

Latest posts

Back