• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Guys vs Young Guys 2011, ends July 31st

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro224 said:
Dang! just when I thought I was startin' to get a team and you go and sign up a whole nother militia company!

WANTED!

100 enterprising young men
to ascend to the shooting
range for a period of 3 shots.
The pay is non-existant,
and the glory fleeting,
But we must defend our honor
in the face of overwhelming opposition
(and show the Old Farts how to shoot :wink: ).

Now, who's with me?

Maybe if you offer your team a prize? Kids love puppy's.

Hey Jethro,

Count me in for the Whippersnappers! It shouldn't be too difficult to beat the old fellers seein' as how they probably won't remember why they are shooting, let alone that they have to mail in their targets. That's a lot for an old brain to juggle. :blah: Are the "seniors" allowed to have their nurses with them to tend to their needs and make sure they're aiming down range? :haha:

"Are the "seniors" allowed to have their nurses with them to tend to their needs and make sure they're aiming down range?"

Umm is there a problem with this? Hope not! :wink:

RC said:
hmmmmmmmm..............shhhhhh.......

Jethro224 said:
Swampy said:
Jethro224 said:
Stragedy.

You really mean that? Or did you mean to say "Tragedy"? :rotf:

Only RC would know for sure. :haha:

Maybe, if I keep pokin' at him, he'll stick his head in here to defend his self. :wink:

RC! Good to see ya here! :) :hatsoff:

See everybody, he AIN'T dead.
Just that old fellers like him need lotsa nap time. :haha:

I'm not shooting at the moment, but I'll start again real soon just to help Swampy.

I been wondering though, how to divide up the age classes. With Jethro 45 and Swampie 50, they both sound like young guys to me!

I kinda bet that if the dividing line were set as high as 60, there's more old guys on this site than youngsters!

Question for my fellow geezers- Do you think ole Swampy is just a spy in our midst? :rotf:

Buripity said:
Are the "seniors" allowed to have their nurses with them to tend to their needs and make sure they're aiming down range? :haha:

Well, somebody hasta see to 'em. Yeah, they can bring 'em.
And don't none of you young guys run off with 'em while they're on duty neither.

Got me a few new recruits! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Team Whippersnapper so far:

Jethro224
Skunkskinner
Luie B
Born200Yrs2late
ROY
bilder
Vtsmoker
Buripity

BrownBear said:
I been wondering though, how to divide up the age classes. With Jethro 45 and Swampie 50, they both sound like young guys to me!

I kinda bet that if the dividing line were set as high as 60, there's more old guys on this site than youngsters!

It was easy figgerin' out where to divide the groups.

In about 5 years we'll hafta do this again. 'Course then 60 will be the divide and Swampy will be on my team. :rotf:

Capper said:
Jethro224 said:
Dang! just when I thought I was startin' to get a team and you go and sign up a whole nother militia company!

WANTED!

The pay is non-existant,
and the glory fleeting,

Now, who's with me?

Candy, we'll give them candy....
:grin:

PaulN/KS said:
Capper said:
Jethro224 said:

WANTED!

The pay is non-existant,
and the glory fleeting,

Now, who's with me?

Candy, we'll give them candy....
:grin:

Is that your nurse's name? Candy?
We'll take her. :)

But we don't want Cappers nurse, Beulah. :shocked2: :shake: :barf:

Buripity said:
Hey Jethro,

Count me in for the Whippersnappers! It shouldn't be too difficult to beat the old fellers seein' as how they probably won't remember why they are shooting, let alone that they have to mail in their targets. That's a lot for an old brain to juggle. :blah: Are the "seniors" allowed to have their nurses with them to tend to their needs and make sure they're aiming down range? :haha:
There's two things happen to ya when ya get old...one is, you lose your memory...and I can't remember the other one. :(
Just remember, you young fellas, it's all downhill from here. :nono:

Team "Old Farts" so far...

Swampy
Makeumsmoke
Mad Irish
Grey Whiskers
Flaydermaus
PaulN/KS
Mike Brines
RC
Pete D
Capper
grzrob
Snowdragon
Homesteader
Brownbear

Since we're taking an average of the group.

Shouldn't both teams have the same amount of shooters?

I'm not sure how he wants to deal with that, we'll need to discuss it but I'm going to make sure I have an Army to field. :wink: :grin:

Capper said:
Since we're taking an average of the group.

Shouldn't both teams have the same amount of shooters?

Actually the reason WHY we're taking the average from each group is because the teams most likely will NOT be even numbers. Average is average no matter what size the team.

Let's say we have 3 members on one team and only 2 on the other.
Let's also say that everybody on both teams scores an 8.
In that case the team with 3 members would score 24 total. Divide by 3 for the average = 8.
The team with only 2 members would score a total of 16. Divide by 2 for the average = 8.

See?

The total score alone would not be a fair way to judge if one team is larger than the other. This way it's as fair as it can be. :thumbsup:

Well, except that Young Guys can shoot better than Old Guys. :rotf:

The chance of a poor score goes up with the amount of shooters.

As long as you post everybodies score so we can rag on them. :grin:

Hey jethro count me in wit whippersnappers, one dem contrary old farts say we weres dipers!!!! Hey now , you old cogers what you call depends?? Thems old folks dipers :), jethro your sniper has arrived!!!

Jethro
I turn 49 tomorrow so I guess that puts me in with the young pups, Count me in. Cuz in 366 days I'll be old :(

Galen

Latest posts

Back