• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

November Postal Match Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot View attachment 268203Rifled and smoothbore off hand today. Guess I need a donut spare tire to score higher. Shot them at the end of the monthly match in Jacksonville, Fla. Good news is I got one of the shooters interested in the Forum. Smoothbore score 15, Rifled 20. Thanks, Gary!
Thanks for posting Quin! How did you do at the shoot?

First time participating in this, been printing each months target for last 3 months and finally got to get out and shoot some.
Rifle is a .54 Allen F.A. Santa Fe Hawken (actually .53 cal).
And I forgot to include the grain of powder, which was 80 gr for both targets.
Shot one off hand and one rested on a single shooting stick.
Didn't seem to make much difference.
First 2 shots off the stick were low while I was trying to figure the sight picture, last 3 went better.
Off hand target is my usual, start out blazing with a couple in or near the bull, then... gradually flame out under the pressure of trying to keep a good thing going. :rolleyes:
Welcome Kelvin and thanks for posting! You have the same problem that I and many others have - holding steady consistently:doh:

I shot the targets in the wet drizzle with my T/C Hawken 45 and Ruger Old Army. I did OK with the rifle, I don't know what happened with the revolver. It started out well enough...........

Attachments

• Donut target pistol.jpg
    Donut target pistol.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Donut target rifle.jpg
    Donut target rifle.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Smoothbore off hand, no rear sight. Northwest Trade Gun
.600 RB, pillow tick patch
70 G 2F

A paltry 15 score. Just missed on my 2nd shot, it landed outside the scoring zone. Fun shoot, absolutely beautiful November day in the Heartland.
015.jpg

Just for S&G I took one shot at 50 yards. Pretty pleased with that, I need to hang on to the target and try for a group at 50.
016.jpg

Smoothbore off hand, no rear sight. Northwest Trade Gun
.600 RB, pillow tick patch
70 G 2F

A paltry 15 score. Just missed on my 2nd shot, it landed outside the scoring zone. Fun shoot, absolutely beautiful November day in the Heartland.View attachment 269525

Just for S&G I took one shot at 50 yards. Pretty pleased with that, I need to hang on to the target and try for a group at 50.
View attachment 269526
Thanks for posting 11th corps. I need to finish my Kibler Colonial in .58 smoothbore- looks like it will be fun!

I finally got my new printer working so I can join in each month. I shot offhand( which I’m not very good at). I was shooting my kibler smr in .36. My gun was loaded Friday for the last evening of squirrel season. When I hunt I use homemade bear grease. Didn’t get a shot so shot today out of my ball block and pre measured charges.

Attachments

• 15A0B00F-0414-4E82-B8A3-6143FCB9D037.jpeg
    15A0B00F-0414-4E82-B8A3-6143FCB9D037.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 2411E177-1BCC-4A58-8850-B23817703975.jpeg
    2411E177-1BCC-4A58-8850-B23817703975.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • FED71ABC-5332-420B-825B-83AEEC4C0CA1.jpeg
    FED71ABC-5332-420B-825B-83AEEC4C0CA1.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
decided to shoot this months with the rifle i finished last week. it really shows promise.
score of 30. 25 yrds benched.
20231129_142910.jpg
20231129_143316.jpg

54 GM barrel
birch stock.
Haddaway lock
this is the only time i have used 777. friend died and left me 6lbs. plus i wanted to see if it would work in a flintlock. seems to work just fine.

Latest posts

Back