• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA Sale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NMLRA has a campground, and will not refund fees for reservations EVEN IF THEY ARE THE ONES WHO CANCEL THE EVENT. They have publicly stated they cannot afford to, that their no refund policy meand no refunds, period.

I will not support an organization that runs like that.

Just re-upped my membership. Looks like the NMLRA is having a sale on a couple of their membership tiers. 25 for digital year and 40 to get Muzzle Blast magazine

Seems like a good time to become a member of the main organization for our sport/hobby/problem.

RM
I totally agree. The NMLRA organizes a lot of great shoots and Muzzle Blasts Magazine is a great source of information. I joined up this year and now have access to the Friendship range any time I want to drive over there. I've made a lot of new friends there and attended a Turkey shoot this year. I'm looking forward to attending a lot of shoots in 2021.

That makes as much sense as not belonging to the NRA because it's too far to go Whittington Center to shoot.
I agree.
Our Nations Capital, Washington DC it too far away but yet I enjoy it when I go and blame no one for it being so far away.

In their defense, THEY didnt cancel the Spring and Fall shoots for the heck of it. The governor of Indiana basically mandated it. No one saw COVID coming. And someone with a campsite IS/WAS able to camp yearround. They never closed the campground.

The NMLRA has a campground, and will not refund fees for reservations EVEN IF THEY ARE THE ONES WHO CANCEL THE EVENT. They have publicly stated they cannot afford to, that their no refund policy meand no refunds, period.

In their defense, THEY didnt cancel the Spring and Fall shoots for the heck of it. The governor of Indiana basically mandated it. No one saw COVID coming. And someone with a campsite IS/WAS able to camp yearround. They never closed the campground.
They scheduled the Fall shoot, knowing there was a fair chance it would be cancelled. Frankly, I was surprised they had scheduled anything.

To say people could have camped anyway, when they made camping reservations for a specific event, is a bogus excuse.

This policy came about after a flood wiped out the campgrounds and issuing refunds was a financial hardship. That was 25 years ago. If they haven't improved their financial standing in that time, that's a sign of poor management, IMO.

I only post this so people know what's going on inside the NMLRA. Quite a few members lost their camp fees, and quite a few have subsequently dropped their memberships.

And Muzzleloader is a better magazine.

Actually I have a camp there, (5hrs away) pay for annual camping, which includes each National Match. Cost is something like $240 for each of the National matches and $220 for leaving my camper there on the grounds year round. We were given the choice to donate or roll June into next year, I believe. Since I technically also paid for September, they asked if the could keep this $240 for the September match. So, basically they took a financial hit for June (or will next June) and kept the September $240.
I, like so many donated for the 2 National Matches ($480) to the organization- to assist toward their lost revenue.
I was actually there both dates, because I had vacation scheduled. Did so shooting for a few days. But, IN said no large events, so no ‘official’ matches.
There are also those that only come in June or September. I understand those that paid in a June (which is slightly larger in attendance with all the kids) will roll to next June. Those only September were not refunded (not too many paid because of Covid) - they knew as much as the BOD about Covid. So, although they were not refunded, I believe, they were given an opportunity for a hardship refund if they called the office. I’m not in that program, so don’t know if I got that exact.
So, the most someone lost is $240.

Last edited:

I support your thinking.
The members should be able to change an unfair policy.
Buzz

Where the needs of the few outnumber the needs of the many. It seems....

Latest posts

Back