• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Movie The Revenant?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minor detail I noticed the second time around.

DiCaprio has a bristle pan brush and vent pick hanging on them familiar chains from his shooting bag strap.

The pan brush is absolutely brand-new, spotless :grin:

The Oscars ceremony will take place on Feb. 28.

Nominations:

“The Revenant” ”“ 12
“Mad Max: Fury Road” ”“ 10
“The Martian” ”“ 7
“Spotlight” ”“ 6
“Bridge of Spies” ”“ 6
“Carol” ”“ 6
“The Big Short” ”“ 5
“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” ”“ 5

Simple, the Pork Actors Guild insisted that their clients have representation in the movie because their clients have been left out of too many movies lately. :rotf: :haha:

The acting was good, the period dress mostly good, the storyline was silly with son and wispering indian wife not needed! The CG scenes of the elk, bear, and cubs was terrible at best.The technical errors were atrocious, can't tell you how many times guns went off with the frizzen in the open position. Also twice he fired a flinter without reloading, and there was no cut-away jump cut to allow even a glimmer of maybe we just missed him reloading! Hypothymia wood have killed him quicker than a grizzly bear.
Highlights were few, the best is the knife/hawk fight at the end and the authentic blood in the snow!
So over all it gets a C+ score...but like mentioned previously these movies are far and in between so I would watch it again!

IowaShooter said:
Simple, the Pork Actors Guild insisted that their clients have representation in the movie because their clients have been left out of too many movies lately. :rotf: :haha:
Don't care why they picked it, as long as it wins

Not to pick on you but, the frizzen on every flintlock I've ever fired was open when the gun went off.

I'm guessing you meant that the frizzens were open before the cock began to fall and the gun fired anyway?

Leo up for an Oscar? Sounds like Tom Hardy's gonna get ROBBED.

Fitzgerald, along with that helpful Pawnee, were the two best characters in the movie.

To say you liked it or not, is one thing. To offer a technical critique requires that you present your credentials, otherwise it's just another opinion by a lay person.

Kodiak13 said:
The acting was good, the period dress mostly good, the storyline was silly with son and wispering indian wife not needed! The CG scenes of the elk, bear, and cubs was terrible at best.The technical errors were atrocious, can't tell you how many times guns went off with the frizzen in the open position. Also twice he fired a flinter without reloading, and there was no cut-away jump cut to allow even a glimmer of maybe we just missed him reloading! Hypothymia wood have killed him quicker than a grizzly bear.
Highlights were few, the best is the knife/hawk fight at the end and the authentic blood in the snow!
So over all it gets a C+ score...but like mentioned previously these movies are far and in between so I would watch it again!

Credentials? For the most part those come after just jumping through some hoops and agreeing with the credentaling agent. The only credentials needed to judge a movie or the telling of an event in a book, or a poem or painting is a brain.

Hugh Glass: 3 versions

glsdp.jpg

richardharris.png

Just saw it last night and though I have no credentials I'll offer my impressions anyway. I think it did a good job of capturing the brutality and hardships of the era and that lifestyle in particular. I also noticed two shots fired from single shot guns with no footage of reloading. I thought the flash back scenes were a bit confusing but did offer some insight on what may have motivated Glass to survive. I was quite surprised that I did not hear any of the female audience members retching or vomiting.

Don

Well, I don't get out much and associate with the masses (have no desire to), yet when I do an ember has to turn into a fire... This leads me to the topic of the post, the new movie The Revenant. I mentioned going to see it to the wife tonight, and to my surprise she wants to see it as well. Anyone else made the trek to see the movie? Without giving any spoilers away, is it worth viewing? I'm not a movie or TV person, so naturally anything relating to the period always is of interest.

tenngun said:
The only credentials needed to judge a movie or the telling of an event in a book, or a poem or painting is a brain.
I think to judge the "historical accuracy" of something you need more than a brain. You need knowledge. Some here have it, some don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back