• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What ML movie should be made now?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would welcome almost any Civil War movie but unfortunately not that many are interested. Small audience.

I agree that would be an interesting movie and probably wouldn't take a real big budget either.
Check out a movie called William Kelly's War. Not a ML movie but a great example of a small budget action packed movie. An Aussie dude and his sons were the main characters and filmed it themselves on their farm. Was a WWI movie but could have just as easily been mountain men. The critics gave it horrible reviews so I knew it would be great. Watched it on the Roku and highly recommend it. No flintlocks but plenty of Martini rifle and Enfield action.

A Kit Carson biopic staring Lizzo as the title character with an all female cast that focuses on Kit's struggles with body positivity in a world of bigoted white male oppressors of strong black lesbians, and Kit's fierce heartfelt defense of the earth friendly, gentle, kind hearted, peace loving plains Indians. "Based on a true story."
No thanks! If it comes out of Hollywood it is sure to be just more pure male bovine extrusion that has come to be the signature product of that woke, pseudo-artistic, steaming dung heap of runny excrement known as Hollywood.
But tell us how you really feel! ;)

They need to make a movie about the life and times of Charlie Goodnight. Been reading a great book about him and lots of history to back it up. He was an early Texas Ranger, Indian fighter, with the Ranger group that recovered Cynthia’s Ann Parker, an early Texas cattleman, started the Goodnight Loving trail and several others, early Texas rancher in panhandle of Texas and Palo Dura canyon and was an active rancher into his 90s. It would be an action packed movie if researched and outfitted properly!

Sadly about the best I would expect out of Hollywood fore the foreseeable future would be "Mountain Men in Drag" or "Brokeback Mountain Men" and such.
One of the reasons my wife retired early from the movie business.

This discussion brought to mind "Culloden" 1964. It was a low budget film with no stars. It is one of the best depictions on film of 18th century warfare, or war in any period. I remember the first time I saw it as a kid, and it blew my mind. Even after having watched it many times over the years it is still very powerful.

Latest posts

Back