• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What ML movie should be made now?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hollywood has always been entertainment not history. Historical facts in a movie are more of an accident than intentional. It probably has been that way since ”The Great Train Robbery” and before. Not much different than Shakespeare or even Greek tragedies.
I recently watched an interview with historian Mike Loades, where he claimed that Laurence Olivier invented the indirect volley of arrows in his film Henry V (1944). Apparently, the limited surviving evidence on longbow usage in field battles shows them shooting directly. The film industry inventing history really does go back to the beginning.

For a new movie that could be made, a really high budget and well made pike and shot era movie would be amazing, even if i am the only one excited lol

Last edited:
The second half of Outlaw Josie wales. The movie ends in the middle of the book Gone to Texas. And beat me with my own ramrod for saying it but I think DeCapio could play the part well.
No way anyone will touch that IP again, but DeCaprio would be a good choice. He’s got some antihero cowboy left in his career.

Zeb Pike, or Smiths journeys to California. Back in the 1980s a Joe Smith of Arkansas wrote a book called Blessed are the Peacemakers
It was the story of Ozark life for non combatants during the late unpleasantness with the north. I do think it would be an excellent movie

I believe that Bacon started out with trying to get a share of the fur trade which was the local insiders cash cow. Then he figured out that to get the revolution off the ground he needed to start handing out gunsa and freedom papers.
Most of the colony were different groups of unfree peoples whose possible unity threatened those in power. If he had lived, this could have been a major turning point.

Joaquin Phoenix is going to portray Napoleon Bonaparte in the film Napoleon due out the end of this year. It's apparently about his rise to power as opposed to his campaigns over Europe. so there may be some battles from southern France, Italy and Egypt in there - all flintlock.

There's a trailer from the Ridley Scott/Joaquin Phoenix movie due out later this year. It features Napoleon wearing Soviet era Russian boots and footage from "The Duelists" 1997 and "Waterloo" 1970, so who knows what they will end up doing. Ridley Scott is one of my favorite directors, but since he and Phoenix are co-producing this who knows what it will end up being. I am not a fan of Phoenix ("The Joker" 🤮). Judging from the trailer, I am prepared to be disappointed but I'm hopeful Scott will win out over Phoenix.

"Master and Commander" 2003 was so good, there is hope. It was directed by Peter Weir. Russell Crowe has hinted there may yet be a sequel, but "M&C" didn't make any money.
Whatever Hollywoke comes up with I hope it generates more interest in traditional ML.

There's a trailer from the Ridley Scott/Joaquin Phoenix movie due out later this year. It features Napoleon wearing Soviet era Russian boots and footage from "The Duelists" 1997 and "Waterloo" 1970, so who knows what they will end up doing. Ridley Scott is one of my favorite directors, but since he and Phoenix are co-producing this who knows what it will end up being. I am not a fan of Phoenix ("The Joker" 🤮). Judging from the trailer, I am prepared to be disappointed but I'm hopeful Scott will win out over Phoenix.

"Master and Commander" 2003 was so good, there is hope. It was directed by Peter Weir. Russell Crowe has hinted there may yet be a sequel, but "M&C" didn't make any money.
Whatever Hollywoke comes up with I hope it generates more interest in traditional ML.

Pretty sure that “trailer” is just fake click bait. Especially seeing as it’s been up for a year and there are still no actual trailers for the film.

We've already had a couple of movies about the Alamo. The last one wasn't too bad.How about some of the other events of the Texas Revolution. Say like the massacre at Goliad or the battle of San Jacinto.

Latest posts

Back