• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Advertisement Here on the Forum?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today, for the first time, I’m seeing an ENORMOUS ad for a break-action inline black powder “shotgun pistol” near the bottom of every page on the Muzzleloading Forum. It more than fills the screen on my iPad and I find it acutely annoying, for a variety of reasons. Is there some way to make it disappear? Is anybody else seeing this?

Notchy Bob

Today, for the first time, I’m seeing an ENORMOUS ad for a break-action inline black powder “shotgun pistol” near the bottom of every page on the Muzzleloading Forum. It more than fills the screen on my iPad and I find it acutely annoying, for a variety of reasons. Is there some way to make it disappear? Is anybody else seeing this?

Notchy Bob
Yep, I’m seeing it, then again I haven’t renewed my mlf membership yet.
E1AE7ABE-73BF-4421-8E80-4387CBBBE374.png

Click on your user name and go to preferences, and check boxes to opt out of advertising
Thanks. However, I tried that and it didn’t work. I then logged out and logged back in again. The ad is still there.

I sent a private message to the moderators.

If you are not seeing this ad, you are lucky. The gun is an abomination, but it is the sheer size of the ad that I find most annoying. Half of the ad more than fills an entire iPad screen.

Notchy Bob

Thanks. However, I tried that and it didn’t work. I then logged out and logged back in again. The ad is still there.

I sent a private message to the moderators.

If you are not seeing this ad, you are lucky. The gun is an abomination, but it is the sheer size of the ad that I find most annoying. Half of the ad more than fills an entire iPad screen.

Notchy Bob
Bu bu but it's Heirloom Quality.

I opted out of all advertisements too. Signed out and signed back in, went to a different computer and that abominable add is still there. I am going to report this to the moderators.
Yessir. I did all of that, too. I sent a PM to @Meriwether and @Stumpkiller but would encourage others to do the same.

Notchy Bob

Money fellas it's all about the money. But don't slip up and compare an un-mentionable to stress a point. Nothing but a double barrel in-line shot gun pistol there.

Money fellas it's all about the money. But don't slip up and compare an un-mentionable to stress a point. Nothing but a double barrel in-line shot gun pistol there.
I think it’s actually a muzzleloader, which apparently breaks open at the breech to cap or prime. The gun is an abomination, but I could live with the ad if it was not so dadgum big! If you don’t see it, you have no idea. It’s like somebody planted a billboard in your front yard.

Notchy Bob

I logged out again, and the ad shrank to a tolerable size and moved to the right sidebar. I logged back in, and it’s back.

Yes, and it’s now $75 off!

I wouldn’t pick that thing up if I saw it in the road.

Notchy Bob
Years ago I was talking with an aquaintance about muzzleloading. He said; "Hey, how do you like my new rifle?", and with that he turned suddenly, picked up an in-line off a bench that I had not noticed, and literally threw it into my hands.
I reacted like I was snake-bit, and quickly threw the thing back at him. I remember that was in 1996, and I have not touched one of those !@*&!! things since.
I know that I am a traditional black powder snob, and I absolutely despise those !#*^@!! things. I think they have corrupted the original intent of muzzleloader hunting seasons. I dropped out of the NMLRA because of their tolerance for the things.
'nuff said.

Back