• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Granddaughter's 1st Deer ... on Thanksgiving morning.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Most boys can't shoot a 22 as good as this young lady can shoot a flintlock"

The photo doesn't show the lock but it's a caplock. (CVA Bobcat)

I don't want her head to swell too much. :grin:

Well Grandpa it's just too cool. :thumbsup:

My hunting partner never had kids, but by way of marriage has a grandson.

I think he has more fun helping that young man become a hunter, then he has had hunting himself in years.

Nothing quite like seeing that world open up for a youngster.

Patocazador said:
"Most boys can't shoot a 22 as good as this young lady can shoot a flintlock"

The photo doesn't show the lock but it's a caplock. (CVA Bobcat)

I don't want her head to swell too much. :grin:
Most boys can't shoot a 22 as good as this young lady can shoot a cap lock :hatsoff:

Great success story you have a right to be proud.
My father took me hunting when he had to carry me.
I took my father on his first rifle deer hunt when I was an adult.
A couple years later when I got my first BP deer he bought a smoke pole and started hunting with BP and loves it.

My father took me hunting when he had to carry me.
I took my father on his first rifle deer hunt when I was an adult.
A couple years later when I got my first BP deer he bought a smoke pole and started hunting with BP and loves it.[/quote]

Swede50, that story is a exact copy of mine. I took Dad to an intersection of three valleys, in North Carolina, with a lot of deer sign and told him he would see a buck, but I didn't know which way it would come from. About 0830 I heard him shoot and at about 1030 I went to him and asked what he had shot. He said he shot at one, but didn't see it after the shot, (he never got excited). I walked to where he pointed and found a 200 pound cow horn spike wit very unusual antlers. It had main beams, one 12" and one 13", with no tines coming off of them. They were as big around as normal antlers and polished to the points. I had them mounted for him, and gave them to him at Christmas.....robin :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Grandpa! Hope she takes up hunting as a life long ambition. Congratulations to both of you!

Steve

Awesome!! Good for her :thumbsup:
And excellent that the inspiration of hunting gets passed along to the young'ns :hatsoff:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congratulations Pilgram ya did just fine.Good one for your first. :hatsoff: Griz

I was going to ask if that was a CVA Bobcat. Someone did a great job teaching her how to shoot and at 9yrs to boot. Love these kinda stories. DANNY

Back