• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

MD Sika doe on last day of primitive

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marsh trapper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I got a nice Sika Doe on the last day of Maryland Primitive Season ! She came out of the marsh in a little clearing , presented a nice broadside shot at about 40 yards and the .45 , with a .010 patch and a .440 roundball behind 60 grains of fffg did the trick! This is the first one with my flintlock, i am very pleased with the results , she ran about 15 yards . Not much of a blood trail . Thankfully I watched her go down!

Attachments

• IMG_20240203_172447630.jpg
    IMG_20240203_172447630.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
I got a nice Sika Doe on the last day of Maryland Primitive Season ! She came out of the marsh in a little clearing , presented a nice broadside shot at about 40 yards and the .45 , with a .010 patch and a .440 roundball behind 60 grains of fffg did the trick! This is the first one with my flintlock, i am very pleased with the results , she ran about 15 yards . Not much of a blood trail . Thankfully I watched her go down!
Congrats. You must be hunting near the Eastern Shore?

I have been looking into sika deer hunting for my brother who lives in Maryland. I’m not looking for specific details but are you part of a hunting club/lease? Just trying to figure out how doable hunting them is. Great job getting one with a muzzleloader!

-10 Ga

I have been looking into sika deer hunting for my brother who lives in Maryland. I’m not looking for specific details but are you part of a hunting club/lease? Just trying to figure out how doable hunting them is. Great job getting one with a muzzleloader!

-10 Ga
Im on a private farm that i work on. There is alot of success on public land around the Blackwater Refuge and Elliott Island areas

Latest posts

Back