• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Granddaughter's 1st Deer ... on Thanksgiving morning.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to school with a young lady who went hunting with her mother every year. She was about 10 when she got her first deer. The other boys and I had much to say about it. Hunting was for boys. As I recall her dad never her took her out. As we got into our teens and this girl was comming of age her being a better shot then most of us didnt seem to matter asmuch :wink:
However I still dont know too many ladies tha do. I've taken my wife in to the tall timber a few times, after about 20 min shes had enough, she will help butcher however.

Cynthia,
This wasn't her first time hunting or sitting and learning. Last year she asked me to take her hunting because her parents don't hunt. She went several times and we only got a glimpse of a deer twice.

She attended a week-long outdoors summer camp with other kids her age and learned to shoot bows, rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders. One of her cabin-mates was younger and smaller than her and she was a "pro." She had already killed a deer at age 8.

They gave safety instruction and a mock hunter safety course and test.

I didn't know how she would react after seeing the dead deer and helping to clean it but she made it through just fine.

Back