• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Hog with the October Country .62

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ran over to my new lease afternoon hoping for a crack at a hog.

As I started down the hill towards the bottom i jumped a big group and as they took off it sounded like they were tearing the woods down.

It was still pretty early so I made my way on down to the stand. I had just settled down and was priming the pan on my .62 caliber flintlock when I heard something moving across the draw. Sure enough it was another hog.
I watched her for 10 minutes rooting around under the pine timber before she finally turned towards the bottom.

She was about 50 yards from me when she dropped off into the creek bed and I lost sight of her.

I was just about to give out and let the rifle down when she popped out straight away from me at 30 yards.

I was holding a steady bead on her noggin waiting on her to turn.

I have a strange ability to zone out at the shot and it served me well for 50 years of hunting with my recurve.

My mind just kinda goes blank as I stare over the sights and as she started to turn it startled me when the gun went off.

She made a 50 yard dash before pilling up.
The round ball had entered right in front of the near side shoulder and exited the off side back hip.

It was not quite dark when I had her winched up into the back of the ranger so I beat it off down to another creek to set until dark

Attachments

• IMG_9972.jpeg
    IMG_9972.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9973.jpeg
    IMG_9973.jpeg
    7.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back