• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

MVTC .12 ga fowler?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebel

Cannon
Reaction score
Anybody tried one of these out yet? If so, what do you think of it for a hunting gun?[url] http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/MCS.SHTML[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my TC New Englander 12gauge. I haven't dealt with MVTC. You should be able to find a 12 gauge TC for less then that. I'm always suspect of the India jobs.

This one has 6"-7" more barrel than the New Englander does. I figure a caplock India made should be ok. Just wondered if anyone had one yet and what they thought of it.

Looks kind of like the CVA Trapper also!

163-6399_IMG.jpg

Only picture of it online!

I would encourage you to get one and test drive it for a bit then let us know what you think.
Taylor in Texas

I could critique it for you just by the appearance of the gun, but I don't need anymore rotten tomatoes thrown at me..... :blah:
That's the trouble with slamming the PC nazis. If you keep shouting them down they won't post what they know anymore and the guys that really want to know if a gun comes close to being correct or not has no way of finding out.
I think everbody should buy a whole truck load of the things. :haha:
I might add, If you look around you can find good original single barrels in that price range.

come-on mike i was just razzing reb ment no offense to anyone was just haveing some fun with a friend sorry if you thought i was directing this at you believe me you were the last thing on my mind.and you know your opinion is always a value to any gun purchase i d do appoligise to you if you were offended by my sillyness.--tom

No big deal Tom, you and evrybody else here knows how I feel about these Indian guns by now anyway! :yakyak: :haha:
Have a fine day! :v

My 13 year old son has one. It is roughly made and should be considered as a kit. But it is a shooter!!! And a fine one at that. Even with a PRB. I like the feel and point ability. Trigger pull is hard. By son took some very fine shots with it. So it has a very special place in our family as a trainer. It is the most affordable fowler in SA. We do not have good quality Belgium originals in SA like you have. Here is a pic of him with a proud trophy he took with a magnificent shot.
CopyofNaboom5.jpg

Thanks Christiaan that is the kind of info i am looking for on them. When you say rough, how rough? I imagine the trigger could be smoothed up to improve the trigger pull. Thier site says they weigh less than 7 lbs. Is that correct. How well does it shoot with rd balls? Thanks for any further info.

The trigger pull can be worked on. If you remove the Barrel and the lock it looks like a rat chewed the wood. Checkering is terrible to say the least. If you remove the shinny varnish, trim the stock a bit, and refinish, the ugly duckling becomes a truely fine shooter. Friends of mine shot some superb PRB groups. One shot a three shot clover leaf at 25m with PRB. I might mention it was instinctive point shooting. If he use the front bead it shoots left and high. The inside of the barrel is smooth and clean. Its a shooter :thumbsup:

Thanks again Christiaan, this is what i need to know. Trigger work and stock refinishing is no big deal as long as the guns shoots good and is mechanically sound.

Thats a good picture !
Thats a happy face for sure!

Cool gun...I think its time for his 1 st bess!

Cheers

Thanks bessbattlesystem, That shotgun brought Dad and son closer to each other as we shared special moments in the field. He would like to spend every weekend in the field but Dad is working too much. Here he is with his first francolin with the PH Thys Maritz that he shot over the dogs. Another proud happy moment with the shotgun. Cheap guns can be quite special. Dad like to get a custom fowler flinter when I'm big. :rotf: :thumbsup:
prize.jpg

Back