• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD - Pending funds $100 OFF Monster Buccaneer Flintlock pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bornintheussr

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hy Hunter Buccaneer is massive! Comes in new never fired condition, lock works properly, giant bore of about .80 cal is clean

old price $395 Shipped new price $295 Shipped CONUS where legal
Layaways available for 4 month with $100 down
Screenshot (260).png
20240523_231433.jpg
20240523_231441.jpg
20240523_231446.jpg
20240523_231450.jpg
20240523_231454.jpg

Last edited:
I had one of these many years ago. The weak point was the main spring, any chance of getting a picture of the inside of the lock? An old expert (RIP) knew a bit about these. He informed me that they had found a stash of original new parts, namely pans, locks, frizzens, and frizzen springs. They took these parts and had a batch of pistols made. He wasn't sure of the year but estimates were 40's or 50's. This is why the lock plate is a unique material as well as the mainsprings.

I had one of these many years ago. The weak point was the main spring, any chance of getting a picture of the inside of the lock? An old expert (RIP) knew a bit about these. He informed me that they had found a stash of original new parts, namely pans, locks, frizzens, and frizzen springs. They took these parts and had a batch of pistols made. He wasn't sure of the year but estimates were 40's or 50's. This is why the lock plate is a unique material as well as the mainsprings.
Hi Swab. I too owned one of these. Exact same one. And marked the same on the lock plate. Bought it new from Klein's Sporting Goods (a Chicago suburb) in1964 (14 years old). I shot it using blank loads in the back yard. The sear spring eventually broke. As I recall, the mainspring was shaped more like an over-sized sear spring. Yes, would be interesting to see the inside of the lock. Also, at least on mine, there was a bevel at the muzzle. So you would need to measure a couple inches down the bore to get the right caliber. Interesting pistol from the earlier replica muzzle loading period.

An .80 caliber ball will do the job. Excellent stopping power!
Nah… Old sb Chevy lifters would do wonders, note the built in grease groove, imagine the carnage to the target when it smacks it sideways…Lol…Much more oomph than the ford triton lifter shown for comparison.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
“New, never fired condition”, but it shows signs of significant cosmetic wear and pitting in the barrel… hmmm… 🤔

I’d be leery of this seller. He throws the word “new” around and uses it to describe virtually every firearm he sells, regardless of the issues it may have.

Below are a couple of unsolicited messages from other members who have also had bad experiences with @bornintheussr, as I have.

Purchase from him at your own risk!

Attachments

• IMG_1322.png
    IMG_1322.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1333.png
    IMG_1333.png
    472.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back