• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

That was hard to walk way form!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my number one thing is to go to modern gun shows. That's when I camp out by the front door. No telling what will come through that door for super cheap.
Especially traditional guns that they were either given or inherited. Last year our local pawn shop was selling T.C. Hawkins and CVA $100 a piece.
Just to get rid of them because nobody wants them. It's all about location as we all know...

That's my number one thing is to go to modern gun shows. That's when I camp out by the front door. No telling what will come through that door for super cheap.
Especially traditional guns that they were either given or inherited. Last year our local pawn shop was selling T.C. Hawkins and CVA $100 a piece.
Just to get rid of them because nobody wants them. It's all about location as we all know...
I also learned about location. West Virginia flintlocks are cheaper than Pennsylvania flintlocks because of our late season deer hunt.

Attended a gun show in Lima Ohio this weekend at the Allen County Fairgrounds. A guy in the NW building had a very clean looking Pendersoli sxs 12 ga. He came down to $350 but I no longer hunt or shoot trap so as tempting as it was I walked away. So if any of you are in the NW Ohio region and looking for a good SXS it will probably still be there tomorrow.
My brother and I set up in that building. I know the gun you are writing about. I have looked at it the last couple of shows he has had it for awhile. A little rough externaly but good bores. He is a good guy to deal with I may have to talk him out of it next show.

I have found that modern Gunshows are good places to buy traditional muzzleloaders because most of the people there don't want them.
Very true. Most of the people I see at shows, will not bat an eyelash at a beautiful muzzleloader, but start drooling all over the table full of Glocks or the latest tactical garbage.

Back