• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader Magazine Nov/Dec

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I previously enjoyed the magazine, the main reason I discontinued my subscription was because of what you're all experiencing. It was a real manure shoot as to when the magazine would hit my doorstep. There were always a lot of "reasons," but things never seemed to get on track. Regular delivery was a pipe dream so, after three years, I figured it wasn't worth shelling out my hard earned funds to be inconvenienced. Just my take on it. Your mileage may vary.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I had emailed Jason about the magazine, mainly because I had just renewed and wondered if the renewal went thru! He got back to me to let me know all was well and that they were a little late in getting it all together.

Arrived here on the 20th.

I love the feel of paper. But I also know postal rates are high and going up again. Cost of printing is outrageous. I do not know how many people are writing articles today. I just lost another lifetime magazine to Internet pdf files only. I really suspect that will happen soon to all our magazines.

My issue had 94 pages but something was said to be continued on pg. 103; not knocking the wonderful magazine, I love it, just they must be having a "glitch" and I look forward to reading it well into the future. This is not a huge mass market magazine, it's for a smaller niche market like us!

The problem seems to be widespread. People on this forum who say they have not received their copy are located all over the USA, and Canada.
I did see on the morning news today that the Soddy-Daisy Post Office (here in Tennessee) has a huge back log of mail stacked in bins all over their facility because of being short-staffed at present. Could my copy of Muzzleloader be in one of those bins?

Yet, I have received my copies of other publications that I subscribe to. So...............?
My check for $8 was cashed quickly by Dixie for the new catalog; let's see if the delivery is fast, too! I get it every year, since the 1960's y'all!

My November/December 2023 issue arrived yesterday, December 21st. I haven’t had time to read much of it yet, but it looks like a pretty good issue. There was a nice article about Ohio-style percussion rifles, by Matt Wulff… a refreshing change from his usual Eastern reenactor-themed topics, which I generally skim over but seldom read. I did read this one. There looks to be a well-illustrated article about a special Hawken rifle built by Jim Parker, but I haven’t gotten to it yet. I thought someone in a previous post on this thread said there was an article in this issue about the Chinook trade jargon, but if there is, I haven’t found it.

Anyway, it looks as if this issue is starting to come in now for us subscribers. If you haven’t gotten yours yet, it probably won’t be long.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Mine arrived about a week ago. I have been a subscriber since the late 1970's. Yes, it seems the vast majority of their articles focus on the east. I understand much of the reason for that is who submits the articles for publication. When I was our club's newsletter editor, I heard all kinds of criticisms and excuses for why information and articles were not submitted. some people simply can't make a deadline until that day or later. Specialty publications depend upon submissions. Considering the holidays and the volume of mail, December publications can be delayed. Still worth having than not.

Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus..mine arrived today
In years gone by I would get the January /February issue by this date. It's still the best...other mags are subpar and full of advertisements.

Latest posts

Back