• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Marquis de Lafayette

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimikinz

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I caught a Documentary from PBS last night on Netflix about the life of the Marquis de Lafayette. I had only ever heard the name and new that he was involved in the Revolution here prior to this. I was really impressed with the show and the man. Interesting felloow - it went into considerable detail about his life after the war. There was quite a bit of footage and mention of reenactors here in the states. Its worth checking out.

Locally we retain more of the history of the foreign assistance that made our Revolution possible.

Gen. Layafette, Gen. von Steuben, Gen. Pulaski. NY named cities and counties after these foreign nationals that made our Revolution possible - the first successful case of a colony gaining independence from the "motherland" without it involving capture by another country.

I saw the same one. Fascinating Gentleman and some of the shows depicting people in our history really make you appreciate the scope of our great country. People with a vision. Hope this attitude continues!!

Cheers,
DonK

Back