• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Knock-down camp table

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Earlier this year I built a camp table out of “upcycled” pallet wood. I took it to exactly one rendezvous before deciding it was far too heavy and cumbersome. So, the old one got repurposed as a shop table and I built a new camp table that knocks down and is generally much lighter. It will certainly take up much less space in the trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpeg
    IMG_0133.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I should mention these are not your ordinary pallets, these are what “Hardie” type siding comes on. They are 12’ long and 48” or 50” wide. So, pretty unwieldy to haul home but a lot of material when you do. Luckily, I have a 12’ trailer that is just right and I usually get three or four in a trip along with a few of the smaller pallets. The Contractor’s I have asked were delighted for me to remove the pallets as they take up a LOT of room in a dumpster and/or they have to pay somebody to cut them up. The tops vary in being made from 1X4 or 1X6 and there is a lot of “shrinkage” in breaking down the pallets. Or to put it another way, some of the wood is pretty dang sorry with a lot of “wane”, as one would expect from a one-time use product and a lot gets broken in the dismantling process. They are assembled with screw-shank nails that really don’t like being removed. Breaking down the pallets is good exercise though, I have found a big a** crow bar is the best weapon for this.

Well it turned out the knock-down table was a bit of a fail. I never figured out or implemented a satisfactory way to attach the top to the legs. Consequently it slid around with little encouragement. Not a big problem but certainly a constant aggravation. So, I present version 2.0.
IMG_0167.jpeg

I couldn’t seem to type anymore after posting the picture so continue here. I made new legs and hinged them with some flea market hinges. Works great and does not take up any more space folded, although I am back to heavier than I like. I saved the old legs and will use them with a new, longer top for a trade table. My original concept should work fine in that application.

Back