• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Ships SMR Fast!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was stunned to get a "ready to ship" notice from Kibler Long Rifles this morning for my SMR kit. It was ordered on Saturday evening, June 24, so that's an elapsed time of five business days - well under the two to three weeks as stated on the website. Wow!! I'm extremely impressed.

I was stunned to get a "ready to ship" notice from Kibler Long Rifles this morning for my SMR kit. It was ordered on Saturday evening, June 24, so that's an elapsed time of five business days - well under the two to three weeks as stated on the website. Wow!! I'm extremely impressed.
They don't call Kibler "Old Reliable" for nothing! Seriously, though, you can tell it's a top-notch operation. Good for you!

I was stunned to get a "ready to ship" notice from Kibler Long Rifles this morning for my SMR kit. It was ordered on Saturday evening, June 24, so that's an elapsed time of five businesI reals days - well under the two to three weeks as stated on the website. Wow!! I'm extremely impressed.
Good luck 'assembling' it. I really hope you are up to the task.

Obviously none of you have any experience programming tool paths for CNC machines. Kibler's stuff is made by his own hand, with the knowledge and experience in his own head, including sawing up the trees and in some cases rifling the barrels, he just uses a computer and really expensive, precision machines instead of planes, files, and chisels to achieve the results. And you can have him finish one out for you with his own hands if you like.

The best part is he will sell you the products of his mind and hands for a very reasonable price, and he will make 40,000 or more in his lifetime instead of 400. It's different than full-custom, and some people hate that. That's fine, it's a big world and plenty of room for everyone.

Obviously none of you have any experience programming tool paths for CNC machines. Kibler's stuff is made by his own hand, with the knowledge and experience in his own head, including sawing up the trees and in some cases rifling the barrels, he just uses a computer and really expensive, precision machines instead of planes, files, and chisels to achieve the results. And you can have him finish one out for you with his own hands if you like.

The best part is he will sell you the products of his mind and hands for a very reasonable price, and he will make 40,000 or more in his lifetime instead of 400. It's different than full-custom, and some people hate that. That's fine, it's a big world and plenty of room for everyone.
That's a false statement.

And no one is knocking Mr. Kibler's contribution to the muzzleloading community.

We're just saying a kit gun is not a custom gun.

Good grief! A Kibler ain't no custom!

Don't forget Jim loves these guns and was building award winning guns way before he started his cnc shop. His love of the art is what drives his company.
That would make Mr. Kibler an Artisan and a Craftsman.

And the rifles Mr. Kibler created from scratch would be considered custom guns.

The kit guns assembled by his customers in a few days are not custom guns.

To believe otherwise is silly.

Thanks for the great description of what we do. You obviously understand.

Jim

Well I beg to differ....what is the difference between a custom gun and a Kibler..? The only difference I see are the lop, cast off and hand forged parts. Jim has changed the carving part. Maybe the lack of more patterns is an issue with some but Jim will figure that out.
To a real craftsman Jim's kits have offered them a blank canvas to work with. Frank House took one of Jim's SMR kits and did his work to it. Without knowing you would have a hard time telling it. JMHO
By the way I don't own a Kibler product...

Latest posts

Back