• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler has announced a Hawken Kit in the works.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to meet you. I came real close to buying a kit from you. Still might.

Can you settle a discussion? Do you have any of the original machinery from the Hawken Bros?
After Art generated the necessary tooling to create today's rifle kit, from whatever original stuff he had, he saw that the Hawken family took possession of it. So, no, we don't have any 175 year old tools.

After Art generated the necessary tooling to create today's rifle kit, from whatever original stuff he had, he saw that the Hawken family took possession of it. So, no, we don't have any 175 year old tools.
Ok, thanks for the answer. I knew the original machinery was involved somehow.

What would you say your kit is the closet to of the real Hawken we've seen.

I thought there wasn’t any Hawken family. Didn’t he buy the name from the Gemmer heirs? There’s a lot of cool info you could put out. I’d certainly talk it up here.

Last edited:
We're still building real Hawken rifles.
That’s not what I asked. I’m not attacking you. I remember that he bought the name and stuff from the Gemmer heirs. I thought he collected real Hawken rifles from back in the day or something.

Please, tell us more about your products. It’s not like I haven't looked at your website. I’d like to see more photos and hear more about your products. Who makes your barrels? I saw options for stocks — grades 3 to 6 maybe?

You sell a flintlock lock. Do you sell that with a kit?

That’s not what I asked. I’m not attacking you. I remember that he bought the name and stuff from the Gemmer heirs. I thought he collected real Hawken rifles from back in the day or something.

Please, tell us more about your products. It’s not like I haven't looked at your website. I’d like to see more photos and hear more about your products. Who makes your barrels? I saw options for stocks — grades 3 to 6 maybe?

You sell a flintlock lock. Do you sell that with a kit?
The current S. Hawken rifle is probably closest to the well known Bridger rifle.
Art did have quite a collection of period rifles, but had to sell them in the 80's..
We are using Rice barrels, cut to Hawken specs in .54 cal only with an historically correct 1X48 twist. All barrels are tapered 1 1/8 to 1" and are offered in 34 or 36".
If you would send me your current address I will be happy to send out brochure with our history and product line.

Hawken did not make the half stock in flint so we do not offer them The flint lock is something we manufacture along with our other products.

My first car...a '65 bug. Not pretty but one of the best cars I ever had. Water, mud, sand. It did everything but climb trees!
If you put a deer in the front trunk, and let the legs hang out on each side, it really does look like a bug.

Turns heads when you drive back to town too.

Latest posts

Back