• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, well this thread took the wind out of my sails a little. I was wanting a fowler so I could scratch my smooth bore itch. I was under the impression that I could shoot ball, buck and ball, or shot out of it. So, I guess what I want is a military style musket, like a Charleville, bess, etc. Right?

Go back to being excited. A Fowler is just that. It was made for shot but also would shoot buck n ball or a round ball and probably anything else you could ram down there. They appear to be preferred by those requiring an arm for militia duty but wanted to have something that could also put meat on the table. I'm figuring had I been alive in that time period, I would have owned a Fowler. I just makes sense!

Jim posted in this thread that his Fowler isn't really going to be meant to fire round ball. Did I misunderstand?
I shoot more round balls out of my fowler than I do shot, mostly in smoothbore matches. I use a ten thousandths spit patch and it shoots to point of aim.

Buy the gun when it becomes available and quit worrying.

I know it is winter and a lot of us have more internet time than shooting time but start gathering up your shooting gear and quit over thinking this stuff.

I have two questions on this up and coming kit: Is it steel or brass mounted ? And also, I'd checked with Kibler's a few mos. back looking to find out the dim. required for a customer supplied blank. That info wasn't available at that time but as it seems a few on this thread are sending their own blank it would be beneficial to know that. On my part I'd like to get mine cut and re-racked so as to have time for it to re-stabilize before being put to use.

I don't think anyone has said yet. There is a finished pre-production example that's been shown at an event or two. Given that no one has talked about it or slipped a pic in somewhere there might be a no photography and gentleman's nda of some sort at play.

From a product liability standpoint, when did "proofing" a barrel come to an end?
Jim Kibler is well known for producing strong, beautiful rifles, and is now about to go into production with a smooth-barrel firearm that anyone can stuff anything into.
While we all would like the lightest possible barrel in our field guns, and yet have the ability to shoot roundballs from it as well, Jim has to walk that narrow path between desire and disaster.
However he solves the dilemma, you can bet that he will be producing a strong, light, and beautiful smoothie.

Still waiting to see what the Fowler will look like. How about barrel length?
Very curious… come on Jim, how’s about a little peek? 🤪

Latest posts

Back