• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler's next gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever Kibler decides to produce next will get a strong look from me. Everything he has produced so far has been lights out.
Now THAT has perked me ears!! But now I gotta decide between the colonial, woodsrunner and a Fowler!! 🙄
I would love to see “matching” pistols to any long gun that Mr. Kibler offers.

Some time back JK responded to this line of query and had said it would be an English 'export' type fowler. For the colonies as I recall. He'd said it was in process at that time. I can't for the life of me find it again so (?) At any rate, I think it's a capitol idea and keep watching for it. 'No mention of it on his site yet, and I don't blame him for keeping his head down 'till it's ready.
I think these kits are 2-3 year developments. I’d expect some kind of announcement (I have no insight, purely a guess) by spring

I think these kits are 2-3 year developments. I’d expect some kind of announcement (I have no insight, purely a guess) by spring
You Tube video earlier this year? And a post or two on here. Should be released by years end barring any delays. One thing that's been causing some confusion is he chimed in with "give us about 6 months" in a thread about trade rifles this summer after saying he is working on a fowler kit. Will look for the vid real quick.

Looks like that video guys were putting up is 3 years old. The posts Mr. Jim made in the trade rifle thread were from this summer and given the rifle he showcases in the vid. Timeline Makes your assessment about on the money.

And here is his post from July of this year. Unboxing disappointment

If this is it, I want to know when pre-orders start. Can't separate me from my money fast enough, ugh...

Last edited:
A smooth bore will be my next firearm. Whether I attempt to build one myself or buy one, it’ll be my last long gun. I will then start working on a set of pistols for each of my three flintlocks. I leaning towards a Carolina trade gun but if Mr Kibler brings his gun to market first then that may be the way I proceed.

After the upcoming Fowler I predict a Lehigh County rifle with that classic
“bow-nana” comb.
I built one without researching them- it was a Real cheek-slapper!
That’s what Mr Kibler should put out next, because I have a big sack of Dragon’s blood powder for that red violin finish.
Thanks Jim

How about a scaled down rifle or smoothbore for kids?
I will strongly second this. Been looking for something for the wife and she's a short one, needs a sub 13 inch length of pull. The only place I've found that offers one that'll work for her is having supply issues and after talking to them last week they can't even get parts to make one themselves right now.

Attachments

• 0F2C0FBC-FBAB-486C-BEA1-E3F95A6715A0_4_5005_c.jpeg
    0F2C0FBC-FBAB-486C-BEA1-E3F95A6715A0_4_5005_c.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
Please don’t get me wrong I have nothing against a nice NW Trade Gun but I was kinda thinking he would do something other than sorta colonial/ French and Indian war in and around that sorta time period thing , Maybe a Full Stock Hawken or something along that line. I am sure I’ll get hell for posting this comment. Ha Ha…:rolleyes:

I think that movie made the Hawken popular. They weigh a lot. I think the hook breech and keys are cool but I don’t crave one. If they have a fast twist option( I don’t think they will) And I had a longer range to shoot at maybe.
However, I am sure I will put one or two together for friends.
I am enamored with the .54 Woodsrunner. It will likely be my large game gun for my remaining days.
if I were a dedicated squirrel hunter, or had my mothers recipe for squirrel stew, I would be on the short list for the Fowler.

Latest posts

Back