Quantcast

Inn museum near Canfield OH

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Woodnbow

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago my wifes uncle took us to dinner at a restaurant/inn near Canfield. I remember it because the cellar walls were lined with vintage flintlock rifles from the time when Canfield area was the frontier... I can’t remember anything else about it although Uncle Bill may have said it was an original inn and tavern dating back nearly that long ago. Does anyone have any idea where I might look for information? I’m hoping that we can visit some day this summer... thanks in advance...

leverfred

45, 45, 32 ,32 & 40
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I live near Canfield and have never heard of such a place. Try the Spead Eagle Tavern and see what comes up.

Woodnbow

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I live near Canfield and have never heard of such a place. Try the Spead Eagle Tavern and see what comes up.
Thank you. I’m also going to get in touch with the historical society.

Woodnbow

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
This may be the place. Aunt Shirley and Uncle Bill were both active in the Ohio Republican party. The website doesn't mention rifles or other weapons but I'll ask them about it in an email. Thanks again.

sprucefly

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Years ago my wifes uncle took us to dinner at a restaurant/inn near Canfield. I remember it because the cellar walls were lined with vintage flintlock rifles from the time when Canfield area was the frontier... I can’t remember anything else about it although Uncle Bill may have said it was an original inn and tavern dating back nearly that long ago. Does anyone have any idea where I might look for information? I’m hoping that we can visit some day this summer... thanks in advance...
While not near Canfield, it sounds like you are describing the Gun Room in the old historical Lafeyette Hotel in Marietta.

Woodnbow

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
While not near Canfield, it sounds like you are describing the Gun Room in the old historical Lafeyette Hotel in Marietta.
The hotel looks amazing but it is definitely not the one we visited. It was much smaller with small rooms as one would expect from a late 1700’s frontier inn. The gun room was a cellar perhaps 16’x30’ with rifles lining both of the long walls.

Latest posts