• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Inn museum near Canfield OH

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Years ago my wifes uncle took us to dinner at a restaurant/inn near Canfield. I remember it because the cellar walls were lined with vintage flintlock rifles from the time when Canfield area was the frontier... I can’t remember anything else about it although Uncle Bill may have said it was an original inn and tavern dating back nearly that long ago. Does anyone have any idea where I might look for information? I’m hoping that we can visit some day this summer... thanks in advance...

This may be the place. Aunt Shirley and Uncle Bill were both active in the Ohio Republican party. The website doesn't mention rifles or other weapons but I'll ask them about it in an email. Thanks again.

Years ago my wifes uncle took us to dinner at a restaurant/inn near Canfield. I remember it because the cellar walls were lined with vintage flintlock rifles from the time when Canfield area was the frontier... I can’t remember anything else about it although Uncle Bill may have said it was an original inn and tavern dating back nearly that long ago. Does anyone have any idea where I might look for information? I’m hoping that we can visit some day this summer... thanks in advance...
While not near Canfield, it sounds like you are describing the Gun Room in the old historical Lafeyette Hotel in Marietta.

While not near Canfield, it sounds like you are describing the Gun Room in the old historical Lafeyette Hotel in Marietta.
The hotel looks amazing but it is definitely not the one we visited. It was much smaller with small rooms as one would expect from a late 1700’s frontier inn. The gun room was a cellar perhaps 16’x30’ with rifles lining both of the long walls.

I’m coming into this conversation very late, but I’m sure you’re remembering the Spread Eagle Tavern in Hanoverton, Ohio. It’s not that far of a drive from Canfield. It is a popular Republican Party go to as several former Presidents have actually stayed there. Awesome dinner place and getaway (cause it’s way out in the country). It’s also just down the street from the Kibler’s Longrifles facility. Spread Eagle Tavern has rooms you can book for an overnight stay as well. Has a pretty cool bar located in the basement.

Back