• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

going to Friendship...MAYBE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friendship covers it all,you have trap,skeet, etc for shotgun; pistol, offhand, bench, silhouette,woodswalk and chunk none of which require primitive dress. Then you have primitive range where only certain matches require primitive dress. All in all you should be able to find something to do and lots to enjoy. Please take the time to look it all over and not get locked into one spot for duration of your visit, I'm still trying to get Jethro over to offhand line to shoot smoothbore agg.

I'm still trying to get Jethro over to offhand line to shoot smoothbore agg.

As soon as Roy gets my new smoothbore built and sent to me I'm gonna do that. :thumbsup: And it'll be my first time to shoot on that side of the road. Maybe this June with any luck.
I suppose I could try it with my Bess, but...

I will keep my fingers crossed. Maybe you can help show folks you can play on both sides of the road without getting eaten or kidnapped by trolls. :haha:

Newtosmoke.

Friendship Primitive dress code is pretty easy. Pre 1840's will work. We don't have any Dog Soldiers that will pass judgement on your outfit. There are quite a few people that get by with a rifleman's shirt, a big hat, blue jeans and moccasins. They don't hang around in our bunch though. We pretty much stick to Eastern Longhunter or in my case Eastern Cityfied backyard Hunter :grin: .

Many Klatch

Well, it looks like I will be visiting the Other Side of the Road at Friendship... Maybe...
Talked to Roy last night. He said he just got in some Hickory blanks for ramrods. He says that's all he's been waiting for. The rest of my smoothbore gun is done but he didn't have any hickory for ramrods because they apparently don't grow hickory trees in Maine.

you know those smoothbore guns can shoot pheasants too jethro. just takes a bit of practice.

The other side at Friendship is allright. At least the offhand line. I always enjoy the funny looks when my Jaeger goes "Kaboom", which is a way different sound than what is mostly heard on the offhand line...

I'll be camped in my usual spot. Stop by and we'll at least shoot the bull! Glad to hear Roy is able to get some work done.

Whohoo - that sounds great.

We've been talking about your Smoothbore in 2012.
Believe me there are no trolls on the other side of the creek :grin: I stayed a couple of nights over there. :shocked2:

While your at it at the off hand line. Go up the Cesar creek, sneek around the market (unseen :wink:) and try the quail walk. It is a lot of fun. Almost as the woodswalk - they have a so called hunter match were you load from the bag - those littel birdies are fun.

Silex

you are required by frontstuffer law to go to friendship whenever you have a chance so just do it. :grin:

To any one looking for hotels there are some in batesville which isn't that far away but they fill up pretty quick.

We are lucky enough to have friends in milan who we stay with. Im already saving up for gas, breakfast at the reservation, and then new gun money.

FF, when you get to Fship this year come up to the top of Primitive Hill and introduce yourself. Grizz has the last cabin on the left next to the blockhouse and I usually camp on top of the hill near the Bow Range.

You can ask for me by name. Many Klatch

Latest posts

Back