• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex Canister Info

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisher 2021

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have always kept a large stockpile of black powder, even though I don’t shoot alot compared to many on here.
I am using up my last stock of the old steel cans and beginning to use the newer stuff which is in plastic containers.
I had both the old steel and new plastic sitting on my table and started to read the difference in info on the cans.
Notice the slogan on how long it’s been American made.
Steel says since 1912. Plastic says since 1802.
Somehow going to plastic caused them to gain 110 years of being in business!

Attachments

• 9A469665-144A-4F01-89A4-2BB4514EC844.jpeg
    9A469665-144A-4F01-89A4-2BB4514EC844.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 36
I held onto two of those metal cans simply because they don't make them anymore. I always liked those cans. Just empty cans, but they have a nicer look to them than the newer plastic ones.

1802 is when the powder mills were constructed on the Brandywine, but the first BP wasn't made there until 1803. Gearhart Owen bought the BP business from DuPont in 1972. Those cans were red and white and marked GO or GOI until sometime in the '80s when the label changed to read Goex.

Back