• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Get to the point! ends Oct 31, 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like 11 unless some of 'em are early for the deer check-up... I ain't opened 'em all yet. :haha:
:idunno: It was a busy day for me. :surrender:
I will post the scores tomorrow.

I was hoping to get in on this one but it seems October got away from me too fast. Last weekend was the first time I got to go out shooting all month and it was too late to send in a target. So, I went out plinking some desert rats. Man, that .54 ball sure makes a mess of them! LOL

Well Tiger, at least you got to go out shootin' and that is gettin' to the point after all. :thumbsup:
Ya coulda shot the next contest target while you were there.

Here Are The Scores!

#1 Deadeye 5.542" total!
Good shootin' Deadeye! :hatsoff:
BTW, that shield/feather target you sent me a picture of looks like fun.

2. Pete D. 6.296"
3. Hanshi 6.606" and an honorable mention for gettin' as close as humanly possible to cuttin' the line. :haha:
4. Buford 6.670"
5. Mike Brines 7.294"
6. Maven 8.467"
7. Smokepole Sam 9.966"
8 Skunkskinner 10.791"
9. 123DieselBenz 12.669"
10. Mad Irish Jack O'Donnell 12.996"
11. MD Brown 13.008"
12. Roy 13.424" - Roy gets the award for the most guts 'cause these were the first three shots on paper from a brand new gun! :shocked2: His first shot not only cut the line, he flat out drilled the white. The other 2 were darn good ones! :thumbsup:

These are not group sizes, they are the total of all 3 shots measured from the center of the paper (plus penalties). There were some darn nice groups turned in! :hatsoff: Everybody was just shootin' high to avoid cutting the white and scoring a penalty! :haha:
Good shootin' everybody! Hope you had fun.
Thanks for playing. :hatsoff:

ps. I'll post the scores for the hawk contest tomorrow.

That first shot I pulled :doh: Oh well atleast I knew it was me and not the gun :haha:

Yeah, good shooting!

It always surprises me that all the keyboard shooters, who claim the 1" groups at 100 yards never seem to enter these contests! :idunno:

I'm kinda torn on which I like better . . . the "no do-over's" or the "give me your best shot" contests! . . . The latter seems to make me burn more powder . . . as I say, that one shot, humm . . . I bet I can do better than that . . . and sometimes I actually do! :rotf:

I like the no do-overs.. is what it is :haha: Fun shoot. :thumbsup: And congrats to everyone who shot. :thumbsup:

Congrats to you, Deadeye and thank you Jethro for hosting this match. Lots of fun..................watch yer top knot............

123DB

I'm kinda torn on which I like better . . . the "no do-over's" or the "give me your best shot" contests! . [/quote]

You can always "do it over" as many times as you want but just send in the 1st one. I like the one target idea and sometimes it's the best one.
Thanks, jethro for putting it on. Deadeye

Thanks, Mike and Good Shooting to everyone, wish more folks would get out and shoot. It's good practice, nothing like competition to make you bear down, even when there's no prize, I try to shoot like there was a new Cadillac for the winner.
Deadeye

Back