• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Get to the point! ends Oct 31, 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
This one is a little something different.

3 shots. One try. NO RE-ENTRY!
Take your 3 shots and send 'er in.

The target this time is still the standard 8.5" x 11" sheet of typing/printer paper with an X drawn thru the center... BUT... there's a twist!
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
After you draw the X you will darken in the top triangle section of the target. You don't need to completely color it in, just some squiggles or crayon scribbles etc. will do, just so I know which section is the top.
Your target will look something like this;

blackpointtarget-1.jpg

The object of the game is to put 3 shots into the black as close as possible to center without touching the white!
Any shot that shows the ball touching white will add 6" penalty to your score! This will be in addition to the actual measurement of the shot.

:hmm: Should you play it safe and shoot well into the black or try to keep 'em close and not hit the white?
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading firearms are allowed. Use a smoothbore, or a rifle, or a muzzleloading handgun (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at 25 yards.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)

One target entry per member.

3 shots per target.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 3 holes will be disqualified.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

Each shot will be measured from the center of the hole to the center of the paper.

The center of the paper will be determined by the judge.

The total of all 3 shot measurements PLUS ANY PENALTIES will be added together to determine final score.

Judges decisions are final.

Each members score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Take your best shots.

Your member screen name must be written on your target so we know who won.

The contest runs thru October, 2011.

Mail your target in time that it will be received by October 31, 2011 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

I'll give it a shot (or 3).
My problem now is what to shoot, flint or cap, what caliber? Life was so much simpler when I only had one gun.

I'll try to get in on this one too.... Tomorrow is the last day on my current job so as of 4:30pm Friday I am officially re-unemployed....

Unless I'm out chasing Bambi & his mom, pheasants, squirrels, turkey, or just passing out toilet paper (resume's), I seem to have all kinds of time available....

Ok I have some pretty good targets wich the ball hole is good ,however, the paper hole spiderwebbed and ripped thru the line.Will that be a penalty shot?Can I send another target just in case?Thanks for the fun-Stormcloud.

stormcloud said:
Ok I have some pretty good targets wich the ball hole is good ,however, the paper hole spiderwebbed and ripped thru the line.Will that be a penalty shot?Can I send another target just in case?Thanks for the fun-Stormcloud.

You only get one try at this one! Send in your first target. No do-overs allowed.
Rips don't matter, just where the ball went thru.

Jethro, I am putting my tatget in the mail saturday morning. I Shot it about two weeks ago when I shot my target for the flintlocks vs caplocks but until tonight the tatget has been sitting in the truck. I feel like I could have shot better but it is not terrible and it is my first target for this match.................watch yer top knot................

Fired my one and only "Get to the Point" target today along with my October NMLRA postal match target. I just wish the latter was as good as the former! At least I can shoot the NMLRA target again and submit one with better results than I got today. (Last month's target was the best I ever shot, not bragging, just saying....). Be that as it may, the "correct" target will be on its way to you tomorrow.

Back