• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Get to the point! ends Oct 31, 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot mine today . . . and played it "safe" very safe! :wink:

I sent my first three shots at this today, no practice or warm up/sighters . . .

It will go in the mail Monday!

I also shot my NMLRA target today . . . other than one "WHAT?" . . .

Target turned out OK but what a heck of a time I had getting it shot, whew!
Will be in the mail Monday.
Deadeye

I think so...

:hmm: I bet it's a real nice group, all 3 in the black, no penalties, 2 shots touching, the other right there too, just a little high to stay in the safe zone... :wink:

looks like a lot of fun do you do this shoot often? I don't have a traditional rifle yet only a non mentionable black powder rifle BUT I hope to have a good one soon.

This is the first time for this particular shoot. Might do it again in the future. I try to keep coming up with different kinds of contests to keep things interesting. Always open to suggestions.
We would be glad to have you join in on the competition. It's all just for fun and braggin' rights. :hatsoff:

Went early season muzzleloader antlerless deer hunting on Tuesday AM :grin: . Saw deer but nothing to shoot. :( Came out just after noon. Put the target up at the range; shot the three shots; took it down; came home; put it into an envelope. I mailed it on the way to work. Had a bad line cutter :nono: on my third shot. Oh well, next time. :idunno:

I shot mine and it's in the mail. Nobody will swoon over it but I did keep all shots in the black. :grin:

Hanshi, that sounds a little bit like my target, first two shots not too bad third a good bit high but no line cutters.....................watch yer top knot..............

my target is going in the mail tomarrow. im no threat to the winner , but it was fun and another excuse to shoot. thanks, whats next?? Larry

Been trying to shoot a target myself, getting better, If this was a get close to the x contest. I can get 1 shot in the black but getting the other shots to join it has not happened so far. :( I think I'm going to have to install a set trigger to get a good group. The trigger I have is a single trigger with a 3 1/2 to 4 pound pull. Been looking at getting a Davis Double Set trigger. It will fit right in place with just a little wood work.

Uhhh... this is a one-try only, one target only, send in the first one contest. No do-overs this time. Yer s'posta send in the first one no matter how good or bad it mighta been.

whats next??

November is going to be a multiple contest month.
The details will be posted soon but I'll tell you this;
There will be a rested rifle target.
There will be a smoothbore target.
There will be a pistol target.
You can shoot one, two, or all 3.

Huh, oops, sorry. :redface: Well I recken I'll have to skip this then. I think I need to read a little slower next time.

Well you can send in 3 next month to make up for it. And you'll be all practiced up! :grin:

Jethro,
Looking forward to hearing about the "rested rifle" target. It will save some wear and tear on this beat up old back.
Mark

Jethro224 said:
whats next??

November is going to be a multiple contest month.
The details will be posted soon but I'll tell you this;
There will be a rested rifle target.
There will be a smoothbore target.
There will be a pistol target.
You can shoot one, two, or all 3.

Also the woodswalk is going on now through Nov... No "do overs" either.

Back