• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Endoscope Recommendation

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I play with muzzle loaders more I am finding a want for a endoscope for looking inside the barrels. Lots of options out there from units that hooks to a smart phone all the way up to expensive units with built in viewers. Probably not something I will use a lot but think would be handy to have. Can some of you tell me which units you have found to work well for muzzle loading rifle use? Thanks

I bought my endoscope a while back. mine has a 15ft. cable hooked to the camera. this cable pretty much stays whatever way you bend it. the camera was advertised at 5mm, but actually measures 8mm and fits down the barrel of a .36caliber. this one is usb to the laptop. I don't have a smart camera but it is better looking at a larger image in my opinion.
the only problems I have with this one is I have to use the cd that came with it every time I use it and for some reason I have to disable the Norton's software. if I were to get another one I would get one that has the software that allows you to have the pic shown in the correct orientation left to right. mine is bass ackwards and have no way to turn it around.
the one I have can take snap shots or do video and allows some contrast correction. I've had mine down the barrels, under the bath tub and even in the fresh water tank on the rv toy hauler.

Latest posts

Back