• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

To my Pre-Flintlock Friends >>>

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d blame their membership in the European Union. Anything gun related is under scrutiny, unless it’s meant for the military or police. Then I read of a new union gun registration scheme. Assembled firearms was probably not a good idea for these folks.
You are most likely correct Sam about the EU...however, the carbines were to be exported to the USA unassembled for this very reason; 2 shipping cartons....one for the stock only (piece of wood) and the second a small carton with lock and small accessories. Everything preplanned. Water under the bridge! I need to refocus.

Why would this have anything to do with the EU ? These type of firearms are not restricted in any way. Dont believe the fiction about EU gun laws that the media in the US is feeding You. Local firearms market is thriving and is driven by private purchase.

Define not restricted in any way. I’m sure at a minimum you need a police permit for a reproduction muzzleloader and black powder.

Define not restricted in any way. I’m sure at a minimum you need a police permit for a reproduction muzzleloader and black powder.
laws around muzzleloaders are generally at the country level and not the EU. Supposedly in France, it’s as easy to buy a replica muzzleloader as it is in the US.

And while the EU generally tries to enforce stricter guidelines on gun control, many member states have some laws that are more permissive than the US, like less regulation on SBRs and converting (actual) “assault rifles” to semi auto for civilian sale.

This conversation will probably get the thread moved to the member section, though

I don’t think you can get either a AR or a concealed carry permit in England for example. And I’m sure the government can use their records to confiscate those guns from people in those countries that do “ allow” it. Sure glad I live in the USA….

I don’t think you can get either a AR or a concealed carry permit in England for example. And I’m sure the government can use their records to confiscate those guns from people in those countries that do “ allow” it. Sure glad I live in the USA….
They aren’t in the EU and they hate fun.

Britain is not in the EU. Again, matchlock barrels are free to purchase in Germany. US is a great country, but I can still purchase and own all that You guys do, dont fall for the media BS. I will maybe open a discussion topic later to explain how it actualy works in the EU.

World History Validates;
All dictatorships are built on strict gun control laws & arms confiscation.
This generation will determine if America survives or dies.

As of late, the problem is not so much with various European countries regulations (except the U.K.), but with their local shippers creating their own rules.

Rick

Speaking as an individual with 40 years experience in this highly regulated subject.

Shippers worldwide are trying to avoid being sued or shutdown by leftist lawyer/lawmakers.
Approximately 75% of local & state government law-making officials worldwide are lawyers.
Fact;
Only one segment of society benefits by creating corrupt loopholed laws & regulations.
Department of Justices/lawyers-makers has made profiteering off Conflict of Interest legal.

I’m sorry for your situation, Larry. I will gladly purchase a barrel for a project I have in mind. And I’ll talk to my boss- we’re working on our capacity to build matchlocks at Jamestown, and a couple of caliver bore barrels with appropriate sights would be useful.
Jay
If you guys made a video on forging the lock for a matchlock, the dozen or so of us into that sort of thing would be very happy!

Reference: The Rice 30" .62 (20ga.) 1" octagon to tapered round match grade barrels ref. in my original post in this thread. If anyone is interested, I have 3 pages of photos, description, costs, etc. click the wheelock photo and send me a private note with an email address and I will respond. Here is a sample. Thanks, Larry
IMG_6888.jpg
IMG_6875.jpg
IMG_6893.jpg
IMG_6891.jpg
IMG_6886.jpg
IMG_6876.jpg

Back