• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dispute with Muzzle-Loaders.com

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I was up in Idaho for 12 days. I contacted the company (Muzzle-Loaders.com) again, and the marketing manager called me & left a message. Responding to my accusation that they were bordering on criminal behavior, he said they are still planning to ship the rifle as soon as they have them in stock. I'm just not in a real hurry; many companies are having difficulty under tyrannical governments; i'm not particularly on the side of the gov't. I have a Flintlock rifle that I am REALLY ENJOYING. ... and I'm already thinking of getting a Jim Kibler kit.

I called them back and said that I can wait if they are not going out of business, and still working on it. Thanks for your concern and the many suggestions.

The Traditions Deluxe Kentucky Flintlock finally arrived ... ordered from Muzzle-Loaders.com back in September. I do not have any criticism of this dealer, and I am aware of serious problems in Spain (where Traditions are made) because of the ChiCom bio attack. I hope the company does well in the future.

My wife and I owned an e-commerce business as part of our retail store prior to her passing. If we had an item listed as in stock, but it was not and would not be for quite some time, I would offer the customer an immediate refund and an apology. Keeping accurate inventory of your stock isn't hard at all, and preying on your customers by tricking them into buying now with delivery "someday," is basically fraud, IMHO. After reasonable efforts to get a refund, and explaining that I will be posting everywhere I can to warn my fellow shooters of the danger of doing business with your shop, I would have called the credit card company.

That said, if I was offered a refund or to wait, and I really wanted the gun, I may very well have opted to continue the order and wait on the gun. But to not be given that option is a seller spitting in the face of a customer. And since today a few clicks and bad online reviews can really sink a business, pretty short sighted on the seller's part.

I don't know what happened to the idea of a person being good for their word.

Last edited:
LOG CABIN SHOP IS EXCELLENT. I HAVE ORDERED FROM THEM AND
FOUND THEM RELIABLE HONEST AND FAST. MAYBE THIS COVID HAS
SCREWED THINGS UP. THAT BUSINESS IS VERY TRUSTWORTHY.

A lot of these issues could be handled better.

Technically speaking, Merchants Agreements require that a credit card is only charged when the item ships. Something like that. This is kind of a gray area and broken pretty routinely seems to me. On their end, they have to authenticate the credit card, and make sure the buyer is good for it.

"Company Policy" does not trump federal interstate commerce regulations or state law. Do you have a lawyer friend that can give you guidance on that? Of course, the cost to pursue the claim legally will far outweigh the economic benefit, but if you had historical court precedent, regulations, or statute you could cite, that would go a long way in bolstering your case with them.

A lot of companies create their own "company policies" that are in violation of the above. They get away with it until somebody challenges them on it.

That still doesn't change the fact that the most sure, quickest, and easiest way to deal with the situation is to just reverse out the charges with the CC company.

Back