• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzle-Loaders.com has .45 and .50 Kentuckyish Flintlocks In Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The e-mail says: Muzzle-Loaders.com
That’s it, it’s the hyphen. When I typed in “muzzleloaders.com” it took me to Knight’s website. Looks like “muzzleloader.com” and “muzzle-loaders.com” are one in the same.

Regardless, thanks for the heads up, nice to see stuff not out of stock or backordered.

I'm not aware of Traditions making current .45 flinters.

Left a message asking if they were current/new production or something someone found in a warehouse from years ago.

Heard many horror stories about older frizzens being too soft. If new production then GTG.

Will report back after they call me.

I'm not aware of Traditions making current .45 flinters.

Left a message asking if they were current/new production or something someone found in a warehouse from years ago.

Heard many horror stories about older frizzens being too soft. If new production then GTG.

Will report back after they call me.
My frizzen is starting to nick badly. Still works, I think the rifle is about ten years old.

Also, you can edit the title of the thread, and put in the hyphen, if you want.

Received a call from M-L.com

These are newly produced .45 flinters.

To all the Newbs who want to get a taste of flintlocks, Traditions makes a damn fine kit for the money. You can get into a nice flint rifle for less than 500 bucks.

Are they 100% historically accurate Long Rifles, hells no.

But you'll actually learn real metalworking and real woodworking and fitting skills during the building/assembly process.

Last edited:
I do not begrudge anyone from trying a traditions kit out of the Gate. People have many levels of expertise in this Hobby there is always a Guy in Front and In the Back of you on the experience slide scale involving our Hobby. If someone desires a Traditions kit so be it. It all depend,s on what someone can undertake and afford. Remember all those cars we bought and swore we would make them better in spite of a room full of engineers in Detroit? I think most can relate... If one wants to start out with a Traditions kit do not forget it,s probably a daunting task for them...with many learning curves ahead of them. Let them learn let them at least make the effort to develop skill,s that will bring them further on in this Hobby. Embrace them rather then turn them away for their choice. Share what you know there,s no harm in it and it does not cost you a dime. It,s inherently a diminishing Hobby due to out side pressures....and the fact that really resourceful People die on a regular basis. encouragement is what we should be about here. Best SM

Last edited:
Back