• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colt 1860 Army -- Firing pictures

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldNo7

36 Cal.
Reaction score
My nephew lost his Dad (my BIL) back in May and as he's taken an interest in shooting, I've taken him out several times since then. First with 22s and much time spent on safety and care/maintenance, then with 9mms and Magnums. The other day, he wanted to try his hand at blackpowder with a "Civil War handgun", so my repro Colt 1860 Army (by Uberti) worked well for that.

I figured the gang here would enjoy these firing pictures, as he was very eager to show these to all his friends. The use of "Live photo" on an iPhone made these possible, as I could edit the string of images and just select the one I wanted to keep.

He did all the shooting and I got stuck with the cleaning that evening -- but it was all for a great cause. I plan to get him an NRA Membership for his upcoming birthday.

Tight groups.

Old No7

6sGutJy.jpg

lOyUmzL.jpg

6FMUI81.jpg

Neat pictures - looks like you all had a great time.

My nephew lost his Dad (my BIL) back in May and as he's taken an interest in shooting, I've taken him out several times since then. First with 22s and much time spent on safety and care/maintenance, then with 9mms and Magnums. The other day, he wanted to try his hand at blackpowder with a "Civil War handgun", so my repro Colt 1860 Army (by Uberti) worked well for that.

I figured the gang here would enjoy these firing pictures, as he was very eager to show these to all his friends. The use of "Live photo" on an iPhone made these possible, as I could edit the string of images and just select the one I wanted to keep.

He did all the shooting and I got stuck with the cleaning that evening -- but it was all for a great cause. I plan to get him an NRA Membership for his upcoming birthday.

Tight groups.

Old No7

6sGutJy.jpg

lOyUmzL.jpg

6FMUI81.jpg

Tight groups.

Old No7

6sGutJy.jpg

lOyUmzL.jpg

6FMUI81.jpg
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like he's having a great time. Love the look of that orange gout of flame! The third shot almost looks like a chain fire to me!
And thank you for taking the time to have such a positive influence on the next generation!

Latest posts

Back