• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antique Colt 1860 Army Engraved

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you Rawhide67, I almost lost my sleep bcos I could not remember where I had seen spring plunger like that. Ruger Old Army that's absolutely correct. So this whole alternation was most probably done in second part of 20th century
Have you had a chance to shoot it? Looking at the hammer I kind of wonder if it wasn’t replaced while the other modifications and refinishing occurred. Colts hammers followed the curves of the recoil shield a bit more closely. Still very nice work and thanks for showing it to us.

yes had fun with this gun on the range another day also custom made antler grips for it

DSC_0249.JPG
DSC_0261.JPG

yes had fun with this gun on the range another day also custom made antler grips for it

View attachment 289838View attachment 289839
Pretty !!
Hard to match the natural pointing of an 1860 Colt.
Show us some 2" groups with it @ 20 yds. 🤣
P.S. my orig. Colts & Remington .44s require .457 dia. round balls to group well.
I took Mike's/45ds advice to pack the actions on my C&B revolvers with Mobile 1 full synthetic, major action improvement & prevents caps & crud from jamming the action.
Goes to show you can teach old-dogs new tricks :)
Relic shooter

Doesn't look chrome plated to me - more like polished. I've got a Pietta that was abused and roughly worked over by the previous owner. I doctored it and finished it up. Once started (removing all the written garbage) it's tough not eliminating it all, and that's what I did. So now it's all polished up trashed Pietta 1860 .jpgand, except for the engraving, has the same finish.

The originals had progressive rifling as I recall. I couldn't see if yours has it in the photo.

Latest posts

Back