• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can you help me find a gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pharmvet

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am in the process of having a gun built for me but the wait is about 2 years. I need something to tide me over until then. I am looking for a flintlock smoothbore. Preferably a Tulle fusil de chasse. I know there are several people building them, but I want something I can use this winter. If anyone knows where I can get something similar to this (new or used) please let me know. Thanks in advance. Mike

Check with Anthony Palyzeski at[url] Frenchfusil.com[/url] . He occasionally has some for sale. I feel for ya bro. the wait is a killer. Ive been waiting for a rifle three years this past August. It will be ready in about two weeks. Dont think Ill be able to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could easily get a GPR, replace the barrel with a 1" 20 bore smoothie and be hundreds of $$ left in pocket, in comparrison. Replacing the barrel is quite simple, a job of perhaps 1 1/2 hours or less. After that, the browning solution Track sells is very good and capable of prodcing an excellent rust brown in 1 day. 2 days gives a rougher finish, liked by many. The point is, it's easily done by anyone.

I am in the process of receiving a really nice custom smoothbore that will be for sale. It is an Eddie Brown 20 guage fowler. Not to be confused with Jackie Brown. Eddie's guns are much to be desired and are more of the $12-$1500 class.....not a 6-700 dollar weapon. High quality parts....VERY striped wood and checkered wrist. Contact me if you have an interest

Latest posts

Back