• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can’t find a rifle!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello. people just looking for a 20 ga Trade rifle? 24'' to 36 please keep a eye out for me!!!

Thank you!!!!

Ken

Fifty or larger for elk with conical bullet. .54 or larger with round ball. .45 with conical bullet or larger for deer. For now.
When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Screenshot_20240302_184935_Chrome.jpg

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

View attachment 300467
👍
I’m ok with that minimum for round ball. Elk aren’t pushovers. That said, my .40 caliber rifle launches a 400 grain paper patched bullet at 1400 fps and it will stack elk all day long but the Colorado division of parks and recreation, in its infinite wisdom, thinks it’s not enough power for elk… hmmmm.

👍
I’m ok with that minimum for round ball. Elk aren’t pushovers. That said, my .40 caliber rifle launches a 400 grain paper patched bullet at 1400 fps and it will stack elk all day long but the Colorado division of parks and recreation, in its infinite wisdom, thinks it’s not enough power for elk… hmmmm.
Let me PM you.

I have a TC 54 with the original barrel and the Green Mtn. 66 twist round ball barrel that I could sell. The only downsides are that it's a percussion and the lock is missing. L&R sells a drop in replacement for the TC. PM me if interested.

trying to find a Pedersoli (even a Taylor’s branded) Frontier Maple Deluxe .54 Flintlock.
I found mine, a Pedersoli Blue Ridge Frontier flintlock in 54 cal., at Cabela's in 2013. It's a tack driver and accurate with the right load. Don't know if it's a maple deluxe but a fine looking rifle. It was in the now defunct Bargain Barn for $480, the owner returned it because he couldn't figure out how to shoot it.o_O

Last edited:
Rather than try to describe or elaborate on what French Colonial said this vid showcases the vender market fairly well. Gun makers, gun smiths, barrel makers, accoutrement of all sort and manner new and used, if its black powder related it'll be there usually in quantity. Several day event.

mama's not going to be happy! This surely put the trip bug on me, see you there!!

Pedersoli uses a very long chambered breechplug. It hurts reliability, particularly the first shot. That is not acceptable in a hunting rifle to me. The general styling and build techniques are not very traditional. The stock is goofie looking, the barrel is not swamped. Pedersoli's, overall quality has slipped quite a bit in the last few years.

Based on the Frontier price and what it is trying to be, but failing................

Drum role please,

Get a Kibler Woodsrunner

Seriously, given the price, the Kibler kit rifles are the best available today by any objective measure. You will never regret getting a Kibler.
BRAVO !!
Could not agree more with what you said.
Chambered breech plug, and butt stock architecture that doesn’t fit hardly anybody well.
Whichever Italians selected that butt profile obviously didn’t look at or mount to their shoulders very many originals to see what styles are out there.
A Lancaster-style looks much better to most eyes and fits a much larger percentage of shooters than that silly droopy stock does. The Lancaster style would be just as easy to produce ( maybe easier, too ).
In the nineties I worked for an Italian ammunition company that has a plant here in the US. Found that once the management decided on the design of something, there was no deviation allowed, even if something really needed to be changed. Also got the impression that that is sort of a national characteristic trait with the Italians (and even more-so with the Germans).
I think the Italian ML companies have all but quit production of long guns; perhaps because of the Covid-induced worker shortage.

May have said had opportunity to examine a number of recent imports side by side couple weeks ago and 3 more recently. IMHO all the big import names have some real QA/QC problems. Everything from wood selection to final fit seems off to one degree or other while metal work has suffered less. Seems post 2020 dated items may bear closer look and maybe lesser value and demand.

Latest posts

Back