• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bullet stuck in barrel - with a twist

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
" no no officer I was not shooting no no.
I was simply using some basic chemical elements to release a seized component of a simple device, worked a treat. Why you ask? Was someone offended? Do they by any chance have a hairy chest but ware skirts?........ahhr, that explains it, can I help you with anything else officer?"

Last edited:
We've all done this this dry ball thing, and a CO2 discharger really works quite well. One time when out hunting, having loaded up a percussion, never firing it, I brought it home with powder and bullet still in the barrel, so I thought I would try just air pressure. I didn't want to fire it before I got home just to empty it because then I would have the clean the barrel. Laid it outside across my iron table, pointed at The walk in door into the garage and gave it a shot of 100 pound air pressure with the nipple removed. I want you to know that ball came out of there with enough force to put a little dent in the metal garage door. It's just a thought, but it is possible to blow it out before you expand them. Might be worth considering if you accidentally dry ball rather than this scenario which you did to try using a bullet puller.
Squint

I did consider the CO2 option, but couldn't find the device recommended locally. I'll definitely get one to add to my arsenal of muzzle loading range tools. The grease gun method works fine, but it's not something you're going to do at the range in order to continue shooting after a stuck ball incident.

Stick a bucket of sand under muzzle n fire it. Well technically making ball or bullet come out the muzzle is also firing it ! I doubt anyone would hear it in the basement. You need to move where you can actually live without dealing with jail time then. Now i am curious if its against the Law to fire it, why did you load it ?
Just get a screw fine threads on a rod of about 26 in long braze it on or a black powder removed screw put Kroll oil down it all the way around barrel thread the screw it it about 3/4 of it pull it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back