• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stubborn Stuck Bullet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was out shooting my 58 cal yesterday. Long story short, I was trying some different bullets. The last one I tried was an ashcan shape. I shot one fine, but then the next started going down fine and got stuck halfway down the barrel. Ended up breaking off the wooded end of my range rod trying to get it out. Since I got it home I've put Kroil down the barrel overnight and worked 2 sized pullers to no avail. The pullers come out without the bullet.

Just wanted to see if others have run into this and have any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.

C O2 will work But if you have a compressor I would try that..
Harbor Freight sells a cheap air nozzle attachment with rum er tips.👍

Warning! Do not point at SWMBO flower pots…😎🥴
I do have a compressor. I'll check my box of attachments. Thanks.

Reactions: smo
I was out shooting my 58 cal yesterday. Long story short, I was trying some different bullets. The last one I tried was an ashcan shape. I shot one fine, but then the next started going down fine and got stuck halfway down the barrel. Ended up breaking off the wooded end of my range rod trying to get it out. Since I got it home I've put Kroil down the barrel overnight and worked 2 sized pullers to no avail. The pullers come out without the bullet.

Just wanted to see if others have run into this and have any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.
You may want to watch this video by @Idaho Ron using a grease gun to remove a stuck bullet.

Scope pic of the bullet. Screw grabber went through it. With that hole it's not likely compressed air or grease will work. May have to figure out a way to break the bullet into pieces.
20230211110130.jpg

Read a story re father and son removing a stubborn breach, the pop had the barrel in a vise in his barn heating it with a torch, when the (unknown to them) charged barrel when off and the slug blowing a hole through the side of the barn.

Scope pic of the bullet. Screw grabber went through it. With that hole it's not likely compressed air or grease will work. May have to figure out a way to break the bullet into pieces.
View attachment 197302
Run that ‘screw grabber’ back into the bullet, with luck it will seal the hole so the grease will push it out.

Run that ‘screw grabber’ back into the bullet, with luck it will seal the hole so the grease will push it out.
Yep, that is your best bet. May have to use a larger screw...anything that will securely plug the hole. That is the danger of ball pullers. Nice if it works, but if not you have a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back