• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cleaning the .32 Kentucky. oops!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got out shooting yesterday. As expected, everything that happens after the trigger is pulled improved. But I was not expecting how much it improved.
Ignition consistency greatly improved, lock time greatly improved, groups tightened... the only time the .32 failed to fire was when I saw the flint had been worn back to the jaw. My doubts about the .32 went away.

And of course cleaning greatly improved :thumb:
IMG_2062.JPG

Compare that to the pic above after I fit the vent liner. No more crud left in the breech.

It's like a new rifle.

That's better
View attachment 227386

And one rap with a small ball peen and a regular Wheeler bit in the 1/4" impact driver (what we have to quantify as manual now, lol) broke the vent liner free with no damage to the slot.
Very good, Pacanis. Glad you got it corrected and are getting it nailed down. Now its time to get used to the ML.

I hope you enjoy your .32 as much as I enjoy mine. They are like the .22 Mag of muzzleloaders. I keep thinking it would be nice to see someone manufacture a .32 RB shooter ML with the quality of the GPR or TC Renegade. I'd probably buy one even if it meant having to sell a kidney to fund the purchase. I might have to find another place to live afterwards, but hey, it be worth the gamble. :)

Last edited:
That photo of the breech looks like somebody's thread Tap went in a little too deep. Ouch! Oh well, I'm sure it doesn't affect the guns shootability.

Anyway, for a stuck patch that won't pull out, either compressed air blown in from the touch hole, or dribble about 10 grains of powder in through the flash hole then touch her off. Guaranteed that patch will come out then.

That's better
View attachment 227386

And one rap with a small ball peen and a regular Wheeler bit in the 1/4" impact driver (what we have to quantify as manual now, lol) broke the vent liner free with no damage to the slot.
You did well, problem solved. Never should have had to though. This problem along with many other fit and function issues are why so many are so vocal about many import guns. I’ll bet you’ll terrorize those bushy tailed tree rats now. Enjoy your rifle!

Some of the stuff you run into is pretty bad alright.
But then I see a lot of guys sending modern guns back to fix a problem, too.
Maybe it's all due to cutbacks. As in there is no QC dept anymore :doh:

I may be odd, or foolish, but I hardly ever use the patch worm. I don't feel that they grab patches all that well. I find the screw tip of a ball puller works better for grabbing stuck or lost patches.

Back