• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blowing down the barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is hilarious! I saw this post when it when it was 1st posted and laughed then. As I write this it is now one week old has been viewed 4000 times, gotten 225 replies taking up 12 pages. All I can say is.... WELL DONE Y'ALL !!! :doh:

This thread has opened my eyes to the dangers of fooling around with situations like stuck balls. I plan on being more aware of the way I handle things from now on.

Reactions: smo
Wonder how whiskey would do as a bore cleaner?
There was the old joke of the Irishman who was leaving this world. His friend asked the old gent if he wanted anything special done for his grave
Aye, pour a bottle of Jamesons on my grave for me.
Ah and that I will, just don’t be a minding that I drank it first
Now only angles are know to urinate on guns

I just tend to stay away from the business end as much as possible.
With as many folk as there are that don't think a lot, it may be a good practice. I can just see someone popping a modern revolver, go to blow down the barrel, and desk pop their forehead. Darwin? Or as Scrooge says, "reducing the surplus population"?

Here we are at 12 pages !

I’ve decided that whenever I need to clean,swab,load,pull a stuck ball or anything that involves the muzzle of my gun I’ll get someone else to do it that way I’m completely safe. (He says with much sarcasm)

Here we are at 12 pages !

I’ve decided that whenever I need to clean,swab,load,pull a stuck ball or anything that involves the muzzle of my gun I’ll get someone else to do it that way I’m completely safe. (He says with much sarcasm)
I’ve already given all my muzzleloaders away. Feel much safer now. ;)

I haven’t waded through the entire thread to see if anyone already brought this up, but I use a CO2 bike inflator to blow into the nipple or touch hole after every shot.

It’s safer, more powerful and also blows any junk or embers OUT of the barrel rather than jamming them into the breech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back