• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder revolver for protection

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is crime and I've lived in far worse places as well. If you happen to be stuck in a genuinely rough place, carry away, you may actually need to. Most guys going on about carrying guns don't live in bad areas, they talk themselves into carrying by saying "oooh! you never know what'll happen!" or the tried and true "I gotta protect my family from (insert group here)" Point is, most of us don't need to, we want to and it's connected to a need to feel badass. I'm not the original headbreaking badass, in fact I am generally laid back and try good manners first. I've been all over the world and lived and worked in some certifiably lousy places and still, I've never felt the need to carry. I have, however, broken most of the bones in my right hand over the past 40 years when good manners weren't sufficient. Still never wanted the gun. I like guns, I like to shoot but I feel that this propensity for some people to equate manhood with being armed is dangerous to others and to our shooting sports. I do agree with the idea that if we aren't going to jail execute or crucify armed criminals then we've no business keeping people unarmed. I also feel that when some ******* is waving his gun around when someone cuts him off in traffic (which wouldn't happen if a.) the dickhead wasn't armed, and b.) the police and courts had taken the bad driver off the road) When some angry jackass starts waving a gun when no one is about to kill him, he should be dragged behind the courthouse and gelded with his own gun.
I don’t know any concealed carry permit holder who would consider themselves “badass”,or go through the required training to “pose” as a tough guy. Permit holders believe they have a need to carry, and the issuing judge or sherriff concurs with that assessment.

While I, too, have travelled the world, I have not “broken most of the bones in my right hand”, and have gotten by on good manners, respect, understanding, charm, and good looks. I don’t argue with or provoke others and have smiled my way through life…because I’m discreetly carrying and don’t fear for my safety. Confidence is the cornerstone of chivalry. The “good knight” is chivalrous because he has confidence in his ability to defend himself and his loved ones.

I believe NY is one of those repressive states that want to review social media posts prior to issuing a concealed carry permit and depending upon the sensitivity of the parties “evaluating” your “need” for a handgun, your reference to other drivers as “dickheads” and “angry jackasses waving guns around” might impact their decision to issue you a permit. Concealed Carry Permit holders are the calmest people I’ve ever met. They take their self-defense seriously and treat others with deferential respect, without recourse to provocative speech. Someone who has broken so many bones (presumably in fist fights), is prudent to avoid the responsibility of carrying a firearm for self-defense.

well I guess it must have slipped their notice. I have a permit but don’t carry, don’t need to. As to fist fights, never wanted any until someone places their hands on me. I’m a polite man and don’t want someone else’s nonsense. Sometimes that doesn’t work and yet never required a gun.

Blah, blah, blah.

!!!3954733459463545208_n.jpg

35 years ago i wandered into this wonderful place we call home.
needing to cash a check i went to one of the local branches of the bank i used.
standing in line, i noticed a local clad in buckskins. around his waist was a beautiful wampum belt, and suspended from it was a Walker Colt reproduction.
not a eye blink from the clerks.
got acquainted with the fellow and learned he had used that Walker three times in defense. one bear, one cougar, and one hippy.
there are only two places i don't carry. Post Office, and Court House.
if i didn't have more efficient side arm's for carry, i wouldn't feel unarmed packing a Cap and Ball. besides as i was taught, a hand gun is only needed to fight your way to a long gun.
There's an old tale told here in Texas about a Rancher having a dance. A young Texas Ranger was invited, he arrived wearing his pistol. The hostess asked the Ranger of he was expecting trouble? The Ranger politely replied " No ma'am, if I was expecting trouble I would have brought my Rifle."

A handgun is strictly a self defense Weapon, some are better than others. Any beats none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back