• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cannot find Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve cullen

32 Cal
Reaction score
Ok so I have a problem. There is nowhere near me I can find Black Powder, the closest is a 5 hour drive each way and they only have swiss 1.5Fg in stock...I know there is a big to do about Black Powder Substitutes but the only stuff that is readily available near me is Pyrodex or Triple Seven.

Now I need to know simply is there any way of making this work? WITHOUT the usual comments of adding a little BP to the charge and pan has anyone had any success or little tricks?

Can you make your own? Nowcsure how importing works for you if you bought in th US.

Ok so I have a problem. There is nowhere near me I can find Black Powder, the closest is a 5 hour drive each way and they only have swiss 1.5Fg in stock...I know there is a big to do about Black Powder Substitutes but the only stuff that is readily available near me is Pyrodex or Triple Seven.

Now I need to know simply is there any way of making this work? WITHOUT the usual comments of adding a little BP to the charge and pan has anyone had any success or little tricks?
Graf and Sons has 2,3,4 F in stock.

They'll ship it to your front door.

I had some Swiss 1.5F.

With a bunch of .58 lead balls and 30 hours of milling time, it's now Swiss 3F.

Buy the 1.5F and start milling it down to 3F.

Hold some back to grind into 4F.
1.5 is the stuff that's a 5 hour drive away, I probably end up just sucking it up, doing the drive and hoard as much as I can!

Latest posts

Back